The Game of Love Chapter 5

Sarah:

Pulling into the driveway, I hastily rush out of my jeep, running towards Seth who waited by the front door. “Where’s Leanne and Sophia?” asked I.

“They’re on their way.” He looked over my shoulder to see Leon behind me. “And did I see what I just saw?” In a hushed voice he asked, “You seriously gave the devil here a ride?”

I sighed. “The douche bag was begging like a girl,” I whispered back, annoyed. Seth laughed. Tugging him by the arm I muttered, “Let’s go. Forget Lee and Soph.” He nodded as we ushered ourselves into the building.

Unfortunately for me, I won’t be able to avoid Leon at any cost since he’s in all my classes (I still can’t believe that this is possible), and his locker’s across from mine. So when I hurry to PE (since there was no other elective that interested me), I take my time dressing into my uniform so I wouldn’t have to see him until I have no choice.

Just when I leave the locker rooms, like a nightmare, he stood right nearby. No…why?! I thought despairingly. Wanting to walk back to the locker rooms, my teacher, Ms. Harris, pushes me. “Get going, Miss Winrey.” I sigh as I make my way, walking around the gym just like everyone else is doing. Right when I reached Leon, he tags along, much to my annoyance.

“Why did you wait?” I asked.

“I wanted to,” he replied simply. My face contorted, he laughed, adding, “You really thought that dressing up slowly would stop me from waiting for you to leave?” Damn him, he knew just what I was up to. Before his hand could reach for mine, I snatch my hand away. However, he pulls me in, an arm wrapped around my waist, but I roughly push him away, causing myself to bump into Seth (yeah, he’s in my PE and Physics class, in case you didn’t know).

“Whoa, watch it,” he said, catching my by the shoulders. Looking up at him, he asked, “You all right?” Nodding, his attention focused on Leon. “What did you do this time?”

Instead of answering, Leon rolled his eyes, sighed, and walked away. It’s that simple, Leon, you should’ve done just that before. Walking beside Seth, he asked, “What happened?”

“Nothing really,” I replied dully. “He was just waiting for me, and he started pulling these strange moves on me.”

Brows raised and eyes wide he asked, “What moves?”

Shrugging, I answered, “He tried holding my hand and started pulling me to him. And believe me when I say that wasn’t the only time he did that. He’s done even stranger things to me.”

“Such as?” he continued to ask somewhat sounding impatient or something, I just wasn’t sure why he was being so.

“Yesterday, since he didn’t have a ride and I had to drive him home,” I began, lowering my voice to a hushed whisper, “his hand went under my shirt and I swear he almost kissed me.”

The look on Seth’s face, annoyed. However, he shook his head, saying in return, “Well, you have to drive him back home again, right?”

“No other choice,” I muttered dreadfully.

“Um, Sarah… Do you have any clues or ideas on why Leon would do such things to you?” he asked, but I wasn’t sure what he was implying.

“It’s obvious, isn’t it? He’s doing this just to annoy the crap out of me. He’s trying to throw me off.” When he shakes his head, I cock my head in confusion. “Then what is it, Seth?”

However, he shook his head, replying, “Forget it.” And so went the start of my PE class. For the most part, I was able to keep my concentration off Leon and focus more on running around the track. Ever since middle school (since Leanne and Sophia aren’t the running type), I’d run alongside Seth, ahead of most people in our class.