Chapter 4

ALL CHARACTORS BELONG TO CASSANDRA CLARE

Magnus

I had gotten in my telling Isabelle that I was going to check for black magic by observing their behaviors. She beleived their behaviors would be affected if there was black magic in the shop that night. Well, I guess I shouldn't complain, I got what I wanted. That is until Alec dragged Isabelle away and I was stuck listening to Jace go on and on about something I had no interest in, until he said

"Its weird though, Alec has changed since your party." I smiled on the inside.

"How so? I don't see how that has to do with me."

"Oh, well I was hoping you could tell me if he met someone, but I guess you wouldn't know."

"No, I don't." That just confused me. Did Alec like me? Is he hurt? Does he like someone else?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alec

"Alec, he came here on his own, you can't blame me for that!" Isabelle snapped.

"I don't blame you for him being here, I blameyou for bringing him inside."

"He said if black magic were in use with the stuff, we would become extra happy, begin acting even more happy."

"Isabelle, he just said that, you know thats not true." I said, calming down a bit.

"I know, but I can tell by the way he looks at you that he likes you." She smirked. Before I could say something else she puched me into the livingroom.

"Jace, I need your help in the kitchen." Isabelle said.

"Why?" He gave her a questioning look.

"I am....making cookies!" She said winking at me.

"But I can't-" And he was cut off by Isabelle dragging him into the kitchen.

I walked over and sat in the chair across from Alec.

"So..... um... did you find any black magic at the shop?"

"No. I haven't." There was a silence that seemed to last forever until Magnus spoke up.

"Your siblings are worried about you,you know." He said, barelylooking at me.

"How do you know?" I asked him, and hit shot me a glance with his cat eyes.

"Your brother was asking if I knew of anything." He spoke swiftly, asif everywordhad been spoken a thousand times before.

"Oh..." I said wishing I had Jaces way with words.

"Alexander-" I cut him off.

"I prefer Alec." I said staring at my feet and blushing.

"Alright, Alec, Would you care to tell me what is wrong." For the first time, he actually kept eye contact with me.

"I...... well, um.... " Was all I got out.

"Alexander... I mean Alec. Would you want to come to my house for cookies, I have heard stories of your sisters cookies and I think we are both safer having mine." We both laughed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Magnus

We walked..... actually we ran back to my flat. I knew with him I would have to take some time to get him to open up, but he was worth the wait. I unlocked the door to the flat and we went inide. He sat on the couch and I went to get hot chocolate. When I came back he wasstaring at me with his blue eyes. I smiledand he smiled back.