Chapter 26

I stood above Alec, mumbling ancient words under my breath. He was asleep now, just how the ritual said was recomended. As I kneeled beside him, worry and fear filled my saddening heart. Doubt as well. What if I wasn't his soul mate? What if this didnt save him? I pushed the thoughts aside. At least I was doing what I could.

At last, the ritual came to an end. I gently leaned down and kissed him on the lips, then placed both hands over his heart. I chanted the words, "I love you, and this love will rid you of this demonic presense. I give you my heart, soul, and peace withing. I here by rid you of this horror, and bid thee livable once again.", until the words funbled into nonsense. Now, clearly too weak and tired, I fell beside Alec. The doubts and worries were gone. I only thought of Alec.

Alec, Alec, Alec.

For once in my entire life, I knew how I felt. I knew that Alec was the one. I knew, that I wanted to be with him forever. And at least I knew that now. By doing this to revive him and clear his blood, I granted him the option of immortality. If he wishes to except, we will be forever together. If not, then he will live a normal lengthed life along with his friends and family. I wouldnt blame him if he made this choice. I know the pain of watching those I love die.

So many people who I could barely remember now. So many faces I couldnt quite place. I remembered Will, of course. And Tessa. They were two people I could place so easily. I still met with Tessa every twenty or so years, but she was fairly independant now. Always had been. I also remembered Charolette and Henry. Such a lovely couple they were. And a lovely family as well. Then Jem. Such a kind boy. He too still lived, but in a different way. He lived amungst the silent brotherhood.

Yes, theses people were easy to place. Only because I had known them more recently then the others I have lost. I could not remember my mothers facial features, or much about her, really. Exlovers were gone from my mind. Yet, somehow I knew it would be harder to forget Alec. Everything about him made me feel the need to remember him. And, maybe. Just maybe. I would always have him with me.