Chapter 21

Alec

I sat on the park bench starring into the river. The sun had already set so only the moon gave off light to the sparkling water. Besides the occasional passing car it was silent. Though I knew I was probably needed at the Institute, I didnt care. Jace was off with that petty red head again. He was always with her. I had tried to get him to come hunting with me tonight instead, but he was determined to spend time with that girl. Though he never showed any interest in me, at least he never showed any interest in the other girls he dated either. That changed with Clary. The way he looked at her, He spoke to her. It was all wrong. Suddenly a scream tore me from my thoughts. I turned to see two girls. One had blondish silver hair, the other had black coffee coloring. The blonde-most likely a shadow hunter due to the runes peeking out around her black clothing, heald a knife to the other girls throught. At first I thought the shadow hunter may need help, when I realized the brunette was a mundane. I raced over to the scene under a nearby tree and pulled out a weapon. Another scream left the mundanes throught as the knife lightly pierced in.

"STOP!" I screached, but the blonde barely did as much as blinked. After a light laugh escaped her lips she spoke.

"What are you going to do if I dont, lightwood? You cant kill me. Thats murder." She growled. Her knife cut deeper into the mundanes throught and without thinking I rushed forward. My seraph blade was instantly plunged into the girls back and she fell with a scream.

I woke up, gasping for air. I hadnt had that dream in almost a year, and it was coming back. I looked around me and realized that I was laying in Magnus' bed. Before I could even begin to wonder where he was, he burst through the bedroom door.

"Alec, whats wrong?" He said, coming to my side and placing himself onto the canary comforter. I shook my head. It was only a dream. After a moment the previous night came rushing to my head. Magnus knew about Kara. He knew. Was that why he slept on the bed. Did he only pitty my sorrow, so he let me have the bed. "Why did you scream, Alexander?" He asked in a calm yet strict tone.

"It was only a dream." I whispered, mainly to myself trying to slow my heartrate.Recognation filled his sorrowful gaze and he pullled me into a tight embrace.

"I think that it may be best if you return to the Institute tomorrow morning." He told me. I quickly shook my head. Those men had got to me while I was in the Institute alone before. Being there would not help. "Why not?" He asked, clearly bewildered.

"They have gotten to me there before. It isnt safe at all if they are suddenly after me again." I told him softly. He nodded his head.

"Do you want to text Jace and ask if you are alright to stay here for a few more days." He asked uncertainly. I thought for a moment. Knowing Jace he would get amusement out of me staying here longer, but it was probably best for the safety of everyone. Magnus was a warlock. He could protect me.I nodded slowly, and Magnus layed me back down on the bed. This time, though, he stayed with me. His arm was wrapped protectivly over my shoulder and his warmth comforted me. I fell asleep peacefully, unaware of what tomorrow would bring.