Chapter 27

Magnus' cat eyes loomed above me as I opened my eyes. The yellow green made my heart skip a beat. As he moved away, I satup and eyed him carefully, looking for any signs of.... well, anything. Though, to my dissapointment, his face was expressionless. With a sigh, I leaned back onto my hands and waited for news.

"Alexander, I have good news and bad news. Which you hear first is your choice." He told me, without making any eye contact. For a moment I was silent.

"Whats the good news?" I asked quietly, starring at the floor as if my life depended on it.

"It worked. The poison is gone from your system." He said, only a hint of pure joy in his voice. This worried me. What was the bad news, and why was it distressing Magnus so much? Could it really be that bad? I mean, I could be dying still. But how is it that bad for him?

"And..... the bad news?" I whispered. There was another silence. Even though it obly lasted a few minutes, it felt like an eternity.

"If you choose, you can gain immortality. This would mean you would watch your siblings and family slowly die off with your friends, while you will live forever." He said, finally. He sounded as if he were telling me this here, but his mind was somewheres far away. In a land I could only wish to someday find. Did he just say I could gain immortality?Thats great! But, he is right. I know it would stink to watch everyone I love die off. Except, I would always have Magnus. If I lived through this, then it means we are soul mates. I stared at him for a moment, but it was only a moment.

"Yes." I replied quickly. He looked at me in astonishment. That wasnt the answer he expected, I know. I wasnt expecting it either.

"Yes, what? I need you to be more specific." He said slowly. My heart raced.

"I want to be immortal.* I said, starring him dead in the eye. He looked shocked, more so then before.

"Alec, are you sure you dont want more time to think this over? You friends, your family. I have lived through that. It is-" I cut him off.

"I will always have you there to help me through it...." My next idea flashed through my head and came out my mouth faster then I understood. "Do you want to join me to my family reunion tomorrow? I mean, I havent seen anyone in such a long time and.... I think it is time the all officially met you."