Chapter 13

Disclaimer: Sorry guys, but Cassandra Clare owns all of this.

Alec

I shakily raised the phone to my ear. Magnus watched me as I did so as he layed a hand gently on my knee. I blushed at the sudden contact and answered the phone.

"H-hello?" I asked. I heard a sigh of relief from my mother on the other end.

"Alec hunny. Where are you? I haven't seen you in two days and Jace told me you wouldn't be back for two more." My eyes widened at th thought that Jace may I have told my mother. I didn't know what to tell her so I stayed silent. "All he will tell me is that you are buisy and then he changes the subject." I nodded though I knew she couldn't see me.

"I..." Was all I said. I had a feeling my mom out of my two parentswould be the most likely to understand. "I have been with a friend." I decided on. I could practically feel her eyebrow raise in suspision.

"What friend?" She asked, sounding alert. I looked to Magnus who was waiting for me to explain, it made me wonder if he would hear my conversation. Feeling tears build up in my eyes I turned away from him. My mom repeated her question, but asked it with a softer tone. I knew there was no getting out of this.

"Magnus Bane." I finally said. There was a silence between us, probably while she thought about what to say next.

"Why are you with him? Alec he is a downworlder." I felt the anger begin to build up inside of me, so I hung up on her. Magnus looked at me in shock. I took a deep breath and looked into his eyes.

"What was that about?" He asked, and I supposed he was talking about my "out burst".

"She was questioning why I was with you and then called you a downworlder." I said, hoping he wouldnt be mad. He looked more confused.

"Alexander... I am a downworlder." I smiled softly.

"I know that Magnus, but she said the word with so much hatred and disgust I... I don't know." Magnus came in and gently connected our lips. It was brief but filled with pasion.

"I am used to be hated by Shadowhunters, it is something I have grown to know as a part of life. You don't need to fight my battles for me, especially not with your own family." He said, his voice nuetral. I simply nodded. The cab pulled up next to a nice resteraunt and Magnus and I steppedout. Sighing, I walked inside. I was determined to make this dinner great and I wouldn'y let my family's opinions get in the way of that.