Part 9

Lothal, aboard the Ghost, 2310, 3274 LY

     ''Where have you been?'' growled Hera as Kanan and Ezra walked up the boarding ramp. Ezra had gained some strength back, but he was shivering uncontrollably and hugging himself tightly. When the Twi'lek caught sight of him, though, she stopped short. ''What happened?''

     Kanan pulled her aside, talking in a soft murmur. ''Information broker.''

     Her expression was empathetic. ''What all did they get?''

     ''Besalisk male. Didn't give him much, though I have to give him credit for creativity.'' Kanan watched as Zeb and Chopper broke away from each other, the droid heading over towards Ezra. 

     ''What'd he do?''

     ''Thought he could break me by breaking Ezra.''

     ''How?''

     ''Electricity.'' Kanan turned back to watch Ezra. He couldn't stop what happened next.

     The kid was shivering uncontrollably. Zeb didn't know why; he had stood out there for some time, and it was really warm on Lothal tonight. Ezra clutched himself as if letting go would do something terrible. It didn't matter, really. He'd get straightened out. 

     Zeb watched as Chopper wheeled up to Ezra and shocked him. The kid let out a pained cry, twitched, and collapsed, unconscious. ''Garazeb Orrelios!'' Kanan screamed, looking ticked. The Lasat backed up, hands up in surrender. ''What in the blazes did you do?''

     ''I-I-Chopper was supposed to have it low!'' Zeb argued. The droid beeped a few times, and Kanan's expression went from anger to sorrow. Zeb was dumbfounded; he'd never seen Kanan like this.

     ''He didn't know, Kanan,'' Hera murmured. ''Go help Ezra.''

Malachor, peeps! D,: