Part 19

Dedicated to ''Visions and Voices"

Takodana, 0101, 3275 LY

     Thinking she was going to die, Kanera waited. There was a bang, and a thump seconds later. When she opened her eyes, she saw Hera standing over her instead of Kanan, and a pan instead of a lightsaber. She looked in front of her to find Kanan unconscious on the floor. Hera had knocked him out with a metal pan.

     The green-skinned Twi'lek bent down, a hand outstretched to her daughter. Kanera took it with a smile, standing up. ''I understand you don't want to hurt him, being a Jedi and all,'' Hera lectured, ''but sometimes you need to do so.''

     ''I have to know what that was,'' Kanera muttered, getting on her knees. ''His eyes were filled with a blue mist, and he wasn't acting normal. It was almost as if he was...possessed by something.'' She reached into Kanan with the Force, slipping by his recuperating defenses. She then reached deeper into him, straight towards his life energy. 

     Hera watched her daughter place her hands above Kanan, sitting in a meditative position. She hadn't realized that Caleb, Zeb, Sabine, and Chopper had come to the room at that time. When she saw blue mist come out of Kanan, she gasped. The mist snaked up Kanera's arms and upper body, reaching her eyes.

     When she opened her eyes, they had blue mists. Kanera grabbed her lightsaber, activating it. Before she could rush her mother, however, Hera pulled out her blaster and shot her daughter, wincing as the blue-skinned Twi'lek fell to the ground. The blaster was set to stun, so her daughter was only unconscious. 

     Caleb rushed over to his sister, bending down beside her. ''I got to find out what this is,'' he muttered, closing his eyes. Hera guessed that he was in the Force, trying to figure out what it was.

     ''Be careful,'' she warned. ''When Kana tried to figure out what it was, she got possessed by it, too.'' Caleb nodded, eyes still closed. 

     The ten-year-old slipped past, unnoticed, his sister's defenses. Keeping his own defenses up and strong, he delved deeper until he found the strange presence that had taken control of Kana. 

     The presence seemed feminine, yet powerful. If Caleb could sneak away, he could get his sister's help. The misty presence was too strong for him. It-she-had noticed him. He knew that by the telepathic push he received. Mentally grabbing her, he pulled them outside of Kana, holding the blue mist. 

     ''Hera, wake Kana up!'' he called, trying to keep his defenses up as the presence tried to take over him and destroy his shields. His mother nodded, complying, bending over Kanera. Seconds later, his sister was alert and awake. 

     Caleb felt Kanera grab the mist as her shields went up. ''No!'' a feminine voice screeched. ''Need form!'' Telepathic push, he told Kana. The Twi'lek nodded. Three, two, one. Then the two siblings sent a mental push at the spirit, letting it go. There was a flash of bright white as everyone was sent flying back.

     Images flashed in Caleb's mind. It's the first time he's seen anything that wasn't black. It's the first time he's seen at all. It overwhelmed him, all the colors that existed. Yet it amazed him. He saw a dark forest with a dark sky, a shadowed figure in front of him. It changed to a spaceport, the one on Takodana.

     He then saw a small clearing with a shadowed figure in front of him, who turned his head to look at Caleb, gaze kind. Once again, they were in the small clearing, but fire lit everything in the night as the cold stars watched from afar. ''Zelda!'' a male voice screamed, echoing to Caleb. He guessed that this was Zelda's memories, and Zelda was the spirit attacking them.