chapter 23: Jyro

CHAPTER 23: (JYRO)

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU FAILED TO GET THE ITEM!? DO I LOOK LIKE A PUSH OVER!?” Lucifer screamed.

His shouts and screams were muffled; I was still drowsy from losing too much blood.

“I’m sorry… lord Lucifer.” I said.

My speech was slurred. I slowly picked myself up off the ground. Suddenly, the craziest of thoughts ran through my mind.

“Lord Lucifer.” I said, still slurring my speech. “I was wondering, I have done many task for you, when can I get my daughter and my wife.”

I began to shake. I didn’t know if it was from the loss of blood or from fear, perhaps a little bit of both.

“Jyro, you have served me well for the short time that you have served me. The many task and the one failure that you have given me are already better that my son.” He said looking at Vincent who was standing next to the door. “I’ll tell you what; I’ll give you one of them. It will give you some length on your leash while not completely releasing you.”

2 figures began to descend from the ceiling. One of the figures I recognized immediately, it was Alexandra. She had chains still strung through her internal organs and was unconscious. The other, was a white coffin with Riona, sleeping inside of it.

“Choose; remember that whichever one you choose, will be stuck here with you. Choose wisely.” He said.

I looked at Riona; she seemed peaceful and happy in her sleep. I knew that she was going to be woken up soon and be tortured, standard hell procedure for new souls, and then I looked at Alexandra. She was covered in bruises, burns, and her own blood. She was asleep but she looked like she was in pain. As she slept, she whimpered constantly.

“Alexandra!” I called to her.

She suddenly awoke. Her eyes locked with mine and suddenly, I knew everything that they had done to her. Her face was dirty and covered with blood. Her mouth had dry blood all over it, a sign that she had major internal damage.

“Dad?” she said, tears rolling down her cheeks. As the tears fell, some of the dirt and blood began to wash away. I felt something tickle my cheeks. I felt my cheeks and felt water. I then realized that I was crying too. I ran to her quickly and embraced her, still crying. I looked at Riona again and thought about what I should do. As I looked at her, I felt a warm feeling inside. I knew what she would want me to do.

“Lucifer, I have decided. Release Alexandra.” I commanded Lucifer.

“Did you just order me to do something?” he asked with murder in his voice.

“I’m sorry sir, I meant please release my daughter, sir.” I said with a hint of fear in my voice.

“That’s better.” Said Lucifer calmly.

He snapped his fingers and the chains binding Alexandra disappeared. Her wounds began to slowly heal immediately after they were gone. After the chains were gone she fell to the ground, hitting it hard. She tried to stand up, but it was feeble. It was like a newborn horse trying to stand up on its own. I ran to her aid and picked her up and held her in my arms.

“Lucifer, allow me to take her to my quarters, please.” I pleaded.

“As you wish, but hurry back, I have another mission for you, hopefully one that is easier.” Said Lucifer.

“Thank you sir!” I said, and I ran off as fast as I could. I kicked my doors in and rushed to my bed. I set Alexandra down on the bed as gently as I could.