2

Ebony was only 20 years old.

Her father had died young, saving her mom when their plane was crashing after coming back from Paris, France where they'd spent their honeymoon. It was their 5 year anniversary.

He'd pushed her out the emergency door just before they'd crashed. She had landed in the water and survived while he had died, trying to help others.

At that time, they were expecting their second child, a little boy. Ebony was 16 years old at the time and after her mom miscarried, her mom had turned to drugs instead of grieving properly.

Ebony had full scholarships to every HBCU in the U.S but she chose to stay home to help her mom who was now battling cancer, chronic depression, and she was hooked on crack.

She had already seen soo much hell. I was going to make her see so much more, because I was a bastard. I saw the chance to get what I wanted and I wasn't letting it go to waste. Even if I had to fucking take it.

I kept my eyes out for her mom after that day. I kept my men from dealing with her and they had... until she'd made one of my men, a deal he figured he couldn't refuse.

Aliana was a ghost of a beautiful woman. Her face had faded with drugs, but she was still somewhat attractive, her body was any man's dream. She got one of my men to give her what she wanted in exchange for her body. I had made an example out of him because I'd given an order. I didn't take disobedience from anyone.

Except Ebony.

I could make an exception for her.

I told my men to alert me if she step foot anywhere near my properties or caused an disturbance and not even 3 hours had passed when she came making her offers again.

Ebony

I was just finishing up my work when I heard the whisper of the front door opening and closing. From my window, which overlooked the yard, I saw my mom in some sort of lingerie dress walking up the street. I rushed to put on some clothes to catch her. I knew where her mind was at and I didnt want her to follow through with her urges.

My asswipe of a step father was sitting on the steps drinking himself death and smoking. Disgusted I simply passed him without a word. My mother was more important.

I quickly followed her.

I had heard the drug dealers were denying my mom and I know Tall and Dangerous had something to do with it. I mentally thanked him for it but I wasn't willing to show gratitude by giving him my body, no matter what it wanted.

I caught her pleading with Tall and Dangerous. She was offering him her body for just a little hit and he looked pretty torn to me. Like he was going to use my mom. Bastard.

"So now you've become a whore, mom. How could you spit on my father's grave like that!" I yelled at her angrily.

"I'm sooo fucking done with you. My father is rolling over in his grave. He saved you and you disrespect him like this. He shouldn't let you die and just saved himself!"

I had been patient but now I was over it, over her.

"Baby I promise I'll get better. Just one more hit, I promise."

How many times have I heard that lie? I'd lost count...

"Fuck you." I turned to go home not even giving Tall and Dangerous another look.

I knew my mom had a beautiful shape and some men couldn't resist her. I just thought he'd be different.

As I made it closer to my house I could smell smoke and I could see the smoky trail leading up into the sky. I started to run. I just knew it was my home. I hoped it wasn't too late. As I ran around the corner and onto my street I could see that I was too late, but I couldn't stop running. My house was up into flames but I had to get my secret stash.

Disregarding everybody standing around I took a deep breath and went in.

The fire was wasn't strong yet in the living room and even though my eyes burnes from the contact with the heavy smoke I didn't stop. I grabbed anything that held value to me.

My father's pictures and my secret stash that was hidden in the closet under the steps.

I'd saved from the check I gotten from the government when my dad died and had hidden it in the floorboards in there.

I made it to the steps and barely saw Carl's lifeless body. I could no longer see and I was coughing uncontrollably as I tried to make it out.

I was almost out when I felt something fall on me. I was able to toss the container of everything I had out the door and I screamed as I realized I was trapped. I could feel the heat almost biting my skin and as I saw a blur enter the door, then everything went black.

Reko

I was afraid for this beautiful, headstrong, crazy fucking girl. The house was starting to collaspe on itself when I heard her scream.

Her mother started to cry and I tugged my jacket off, giving it to her mother to cover up and went in to get her. Fire blazed are around us on the walls and ceilings but there she was pinned to the floor by a piece of the ceiling that had fell. Lifting the piece that had fallen on her, fire licked up my arms causing the cufflinks I worn to burn me but I never dropped her. I wasn't a stranger to pain and Ebony was so fucking worth it. She wasn't even breathing when I checked her pulse. She couldn't die, I'd just found her!

Water sprayed us as I stepped out of the house but the smoke was still in my nose, burning my eyes. That wasn't my main concern just yet.

I put my mouth to hers the first chance I got, blowing air into her mouth and performing CPR as her mother screamed for the ambulance to come to us.

I made sure to keep her heart pumping as I waited for a sign of life.

Nothing. Nothing. Nothing.

Then a budum.

Budum. Budum. Budum.

I sighed in relief.

Slow, barely there but there!

I moved out of the way as she was loaded into the ambulance, smiling faintly at her mother who looked down ashamed and followed behind them. They scanned me for injuries and did what they could about the burns around my wrists where my cufflinks were. I  nodded to Ebony's mother, Aliana, who hadn't taken her eyes off of me. Then my vision went black.

"-lack of oxygen." I overheard the doctor explaining.

"Whats his name?" Her voice was so hoarse I could barely hear her.

"You don't know who he is?! That's Darreko Carter.

Then I heard no more.

(Edited)