18

After the ceremony, I quickly walked into the hallway and paused when I saw my mother alone. I hugged her tightly, so grateful that she'd came. I needed the extra support. I breathed in her scent, still the same from my childhood. Then I stepped away.

"Mom I'm so happy you came! You have no idea what this means to me. Where is Reko and Emilee?"

"They said they needed some air and that they would be outside by the car."

"Oh." I took my mom's hand in mine and she turned to me and reached to take my other one.

"I just wanted to say I am soo happy that you accomplished your goals baby! I'm excited that you have your whole life ahead of you, you can do anything. I have no right to be proud of you but you didn't use my situation as an excuse and I can't help feeling guilty and proud. You didn't let me hinder you from completing your goal. You showed me that I can manage my depression and drug addiction. You showed me I can make a life for myself and find a good man. Thank you Ebony."

I hugged her again and we silently cried, holding hands as we walked to the parking lot.

She said her goodbyes and got into her car and left and I went to Reko and Emilee.

"Congratulations again Ebony!" Emily said hugging me in excitement. Reko was deep in thought so he didn't speak, he briefly kissed my cheek and opened the door to the car for me.

We pulled up to an expensive restaurant and when Emily excused herself to go to the ladies room I saw my chance to possibly get some information so I followed her. The moment we entered I wasted no time. "What the hell is going on?"

"Believe me I would love to tell you so you could talk so sense into Reko but his last order as Mafia King was that we weren't to share anything about the mafia past, present, or future with you. He didn't even want us to tell him anything but this is an emergency.

All I can say is things are looking real bad at home since Reko left."

"But I'm still under Omerta right?"

"No, once you leave you are pardoned once but both times while you are still practically still under Omerta, we can no longer share any mafia new with you."

"Are you saying I can come back?"

"Yes but this isn't the life you wanted Ebony, you and Reko are pardoned."

"What if we come back anyway?

"You can never leave again if you do, you most certainly will be murdered very very painfully."

"Wow."

"Now lets go before Reko thinks I spilled the beans."

I followed her out amd back to the table. Reko had already ordered for us all and was on his phone typing furiously.

He had left everything behind for me. He didn't sleep around on me like the men in regular wattpad stories often did. He treated me like a Queen. I'd never heard him disrespect any woman period. He didn't have any reason to be with me, I have offered him nothing.

The circuit needed Reko back. He was happy here but he'd be happier at home with his family and friends.

I could have my family in that house. We'd have to get a white picket fence around it but I could stay on the circuit for the rest of my life. He had sacrificed so much for me already, I could return the favor.

After dinner, Dante came to pick Emilee up and we headed back to my apartment.

"Reko, you know you can tell me anything right?"