21

Ebony**

For the next couple of days things we're running smoothly, for Reko.

Reko and I had returned and we're welcomed home with open arms or so it seemed. The circuit was celebrating but I wasn't in the celebrating mood.

I had been feeling so terrible lately, everything was wrong. I suspected I had came down with some virus or bug going around. From being unable to smell, eat, or so much at look at food without throwing up to being unable to control my emotions. I was a wreak but I tried to hide it from Reko. Even so, he'd started leaving me soothies to replace meals I couldn't eat or keep down. I didn't want him to keep worrying about me when we had much bigger problems.

Since I'd almost passed out he'd been watching me like a hawk and not focussing on what was important, like the traitor.

I wasn't stupid to think we were safe here. No, somebody here was the reason it was a hit on our heads. Somebody had betrayed Reko.
10 royal families in the circuit and the traitor could be anyone amongst them.

I wanted to protect Reko but I couldn't protect him sick as I was. I needed to be alert and able to kick ass. I knew I couldn't go to any of the doctors on the circuit because they would tell Reko reguardless of how I felt so I had to be sneaky.

"Hello, Nurse Mia speaking..."

"Mia, this is Ebony, the girl who-"

"Saved my life! Hello! How are you?! How can I help you?!"

"I haven't been so well lately, I've been having heat flashes, throwing up. I think it's a virus but I'm not certain. I know this is short notice but I was wondering if you could see me."

"Yes I could pull you into a room at the clinic."

"I can't check into a hospital or clinic, it'll be better if you came to me. Would you be able to come to the Reservation?"

"Yes that's fine. Around what time?"

"Now is fine, just don't tell my boyfriend this is a nurse visit."

"Will do, be there in 3o mins."

"Thank you Mia, see you."

I hung up feeling 10 times better now that Mia was coming.

I quickly informed Reko that I was having an visitor come by and he approved it and now I waited.

Reko****

Ebony was pregnant.

Everyone knew by this point thanks to Martha, everyone but Ebony.

I wasn't going to tell her but I was going to extreme measures to prepare for the arrival of my child.

I hadn't been Mafia King long enough to rule through fear so I had tried earning their loyalty gradually, now I no longer had to. Someone had once again betrayed me and I had to find that person immediately. I was resorting to extreme measures find who'd betrayed me.

I wasn't sparing a soul with the chance of Ebony and my unborn's child on the line. I had spared the rod once or twice but now I couldn't afford to.

I had given the traitor(s) an unresistable opportunity to wipe my entire family out by throwing this celebration, everyone here knew the risks and we'd decided to risk it anyway. Time was everything at this point.

"Sir, Ebony's guest Mia has arrived." One of my men informed me.

"Send her in."

Mia entered looking surprised to see me.