27

Mia*

"Tonio, you know I'm perfectly capable of carrying my own bags right? I mean you've bought my supplies, the least I can do is hold them."

"Bella, in my culture women use hands to cook. Anything else is unacceptable and I like providing for you, just let me be your man."

"When you put it like that... Okay." I sighed. He was a man I thought I would never have the fortune of running into, but now that I had I would let him lead.

Antonio grabbed my hips pulling me to him so he could give me a quick kiss on my lips. "That's my girl." I held my blush, butterflies were all in my tummy and I was breathless.

We were at the mall in the circuit getting last minute materials for Ebony's home birth.

"Let's try this store too, oh wait somebody's calling..."

"Hello? Mia speaking..." I answered.

"Hey Mia, it's Ebony. My water just broke."

"OMG the baby's coming!" I let out a very excited squeak, causing more than a few eyes to turn to me but I ignored them. My girl was in labor!

"Text me your location and I'll drive straight there immediately."

"Just did. I got to go, I have to prep the supplies. "

"Alright I'm on my way! I'll see you as soon as possible Ebony. Try to hold little Reko until I arrive!" I exclaimed.

I hugged Antonio. "I gotta go Tony, baby Reko is on the way! See you later."

"I'll tell our folks the good news. See ya." He pulled me in for another slower passionate kiss then walked away smirking.

I turned to walk to my car ignoring the heated eyes of a man leaning against the wall watching me. He followed me as I passed him, almost walking in step with me.

I picked up my pace trying to lose him because I was in a hurry and didn't have time for sweet-talk. I knew he saw me with Antonio and I couldn't respect a man like that.

He continued his unhurried stroll and I relaxed, angry at myself for being paranoid. I forced myself to calm down as I made it to my car.

I drove all the way to where Ebony was staying as fast as I could, it never crossed my mind that I could have been followed.

When I made it I quickly popped the trunk to get my supplies, just when I was slamming it closed, I felt something cold and hard press against my head.

"Don't scream, just walk to the door and knock."

I tried to turn to glance at who was behind me but he cocked the gun and fear made me walk to the door.

"Please don't do this. If you want money, I have some. Just take my purse and go." I said, as I knocked on the door.

"I didn't come here for that, I came for revenge and you put that within my grasp so thank you." He whispered just before the door opened and Ebony's face came into view.

Everything after that was a blur, all I remember was waking up bloody with shards of glass all around me.

Ebony

As I regained consciousness I could  hear the sound of the monitor beeping alerting me to the fact that I was in a hospital. As if I needed to know, I knew only one place that you could smell the scent of sickness and death. I hated hospitals.

I opened my eyes to find Marco at my breast and Reko on the recliner asleep. I was so happy when I noticed a faint tug at my breast as Marco suckled his milk, I gently rubbed my fingers through his head full of curls.

"Hey. How are you feeling?"

I looked up to find Reko watching me.

"I'm okay. Just thirsty. Where are we?"

"We're at the hospital in the circuit. Gimme a second to call Mia and your nurse."

I nodded unable to take my eyes off him. I had thought that I was going to die, knowing now that I was okay didn't change the fact that I wanted him close to me.

"Come here, Reko." I said softly, seductively.

"I know that tone, baby girl, I'm staying right here."

I giggled, rolling my eyes. "I just wanted a hug, get your mind out the gutter." I decided to follow my own advice, I'd just had a baby. I should have been more focused on bouncing back.

"I'm happy you're okay. I didn't expect me to hear you laughing this soon but it was just what I needed to hear." He hugged me, enclosing me in the warmth I'd wanted so bad.

"Mmmm." I moaned, unable to help how aroused I always got when I smelled his scent. My body responded to him instantly, everytime.

I had it bad.

Reno pulled away from me instantly with a solemn look on his face that bothered me more than anything.

"What's wrong? Is our son okay? Who--"

"Its Mia."

"Then what? Her injuries?!" I couldn't help panicking with everything that had recently happened. I was paranoid as fuck.

"She's suffering from extreme guilt and PSTD. Its really bad, she won't let anyone console her or start getting treated for it. We're hoping that once she sees that you are okay, that she'll accept treatment."

"I told her that I didn't blame her. And I don't. Its not her fault-"

"Your right, its mine."

"What?"

"I should've listened to you, you've proven yourself too many times for me to disregard you and your opinions. That's a mistake, I will never make again and if you'd have me," he said getting down on one knee while I gasped. "I will spend the rest of my life making up for all my mistakes." My eyes burned from the tears filling them. This was everything that I had always wanted.

"Ebony Amara Cleo Williams, will you marry me?"

"Boy, I will fuck your life up!" I said, blurting the first words that came to my mind.

"Pardon me?" He looked at me like I had two heads and I laughed softly as I held my hand out to him.

"That was a shade of black, baby. I said yes!"

Reko jumped up from his crouch to fist pump the air. "Woo! We're getting married!"