13

Reko*

I tracked Arlo's phone to the highway. As I stood there looking at the recent call to Giovanni and tracks of a car beside Arlo's I felt my worry for Ebony grow.

Level headed now that the anger had passed I had a lot to think about. I knew that Arlo had betrayed me but he had an accomplice, Antonio. My little brother. My f*cking blind spot. Now I had led Ebony right into their hands but I had to wait, play my cards right and-

The phone in my hand started to ring. Giovanni, the screen said. I didn't answer, letting it ring.

I had lost one battle but the war I would win.

I got back into my car and my phone started to ring.

Antonio, my screen said. Again I lt it ring. I drove back to the circuit and tried to trace Antonio's cell. It didn't work.

My phone rung, Antonio again. I ignored it. I hope the bastard came to talk to me in person but I knew he wasn't that stupid. Then he sent me a message and I opened it. It was Ebony in all her red lace sleeping. My blood boiled but I still didn't let my anger control me, I had learned from my actions to Ebony.

I sat in my office like a dumbass.

Emilee let herself in and behind her my men followed. What had she done now?

"Antonio has called all of us." She said. My eyes widened. "What? What did he want?"

"He said if we wanted Ebony to leave there alive he'd need back up and he has a plan."

"I don't trust him. He betrayed me."

"Yes but he has Ebony, Giovanni has Ebony and we want her back!" She shouted at me. I looked at her & the rest of my men standing behind her silently offering support. Their faces held determination.

"What if she refuses to return?"

"Don't you have a bargaining tool?" Dante said.

"No... Wait yes, her mother. But I can't do that to her. I won't force her."

"Then we need to at least get close enough to talk to her." Emilee said. They were freaking team tagging me. Freaking couples man.

"This is my problem, I'll fix it."

"We're going in anyway." Dante said.

"Agreed." They all said together.

I stared at them all in disbelief. My men weren't listening to me? Did they understand the risks?

"It could all be a trap." I tried to get them to see reason.

"We're all still going, with or without you." Emilee said.

I sighed. "Let's prepare for-"

"We're ready now." Emilee said with a smirk. I believed she liked being the spokesperson of the group. Good she took Arlo's position now.

"Pow pow." She grinned. I was out maneuvered. Dammit.

I called Antonio.

Ebony*

I woke up fully rested. It was dark outside. I checked for my gun then looked at the clock on the bedside table it was 11 pm. I was surprised nobody had disturbed me.

Then I saw a folded piece of paper & clothes on the bed.

Get ready, stay on your guard Reko is coming. Burn this.

I threw the paper in the fire and grabbed the clothes on the bed along with my gun to shower. I wouldn't go no where without it. Here I was a sitting duck and I was scared. This shit had me wayyy over my f*cking head.

Giovanni wanted Reko dead.
Antonio seemed to be pretending not to give a fuck & have some plan.
Reko thought I betrayed him so I'd have to get the fuck away from here soon.

I was done playing games,reading between lines, and being on edge. Anybody was gon get shot if they made one move against me.

I got on the elevator and went down to the casino. It was packed and everybody seemed to be having a good time.

I wandered around the tables and machines studying the layout in case some shit went down. I noticed two men following me around speaking on headsets and it annoyed me so I sat down at the bar where I could see everything. And I saw Emilee and Dante enter the casino. I made no moves to approach them. I loved them yes but there could also be a hit out on me from Reko & the men still had me in their line of sight. Giovanni wouldn't recgonize them but Antonio would if Giovanni asked him.

Unsure of what to do I sat. Until Dante pulled out a gun and shot in the air four times. Everybody stsrted screaming and running for the exits, I didn't move. Now that the bartender was gone I snatched a bottle of Grey Goose and poured myself some.

One of Giovanni's men grabbed me by my hair and started to pull me to the elevator. "C'mon bitch."

I shot him in his foot then his knee and his shoulder. Then I took his gun and headset putting it on.

"Kio what the fuck is going on?!"

"Kio got shot, don't know if he'll make it but I'm on my way to the elevator. Will you let me up?"

"Hurry before they see you."

"They haven't." I said stepping into the elevator. "I'm in."

When it stopped and opened Giovanni, Antonio, & a group of mwn waited for me. All had guns trained on me.

I raised my hands, grey goose bottle still in my right.

"What the fuck happened?! My cameras were shot down!"

"It was packed down there, everything was cool then suddenly gunshots rang out and Kio grabbed me from the bar and got shot."

"Did you see who did it?"

"No I was at the bar, drinking."

Then an alarm started going off and we heard more gunshots.

"F*ck! We gotta move!"

I followed them and they locked in a room with the woman and the little girl I saw from earlier.

"Hello." I said remembering my manners and hiding my bottle, blushing.

"You're Reko's fiancee?"

"I was, yes. Who are you?"

"I'm Isabella, Antonio & Reko's mom. And this is Gabby, my daughter."

I gasped.

"Can you tell me about Lucian?" She asked.

"Yeah Daddy!" The little girl asked.

"Well he misses you both terribly. He hasn't moved on and I doubt he ever will. He's got a little gray patch in the center of his hair and beard now. Thats all I can tell you."

"Thats enough." Isabella said with tears in her eyes.

Suddenly the door slammed open and guards came grabbing me, Isabella, & Gabby.