26

Ebony*

My adrenaline kicked in and I quickly kicked my leg out, knocking the gun out of his hand and into the fire place. I tried to quickly back away from him, trying to put as much distance between us as I was able to since that one kick made me breathless.

The sizzle of the flames against the rubber of the gun comforted me as I turned, holding my belly, to grab the knife I always kept close. He had me at a terrible disadvantage but I wasn't going down easy, for Marco Alessandro's sake I couldn't.

"You're surprisingly agile despite being the size of a whale now." The man said as he punched me in my mouth. I didn't even see him lunge at me, I thought as I flew backwards hitting my head against the hardwood floor. The air whooshed out of me rendering me helpless until I could catch my breath but I couldn't wait to let him hurt my baby, I had to move.

I tried to raise up but he put his foot against my throat holding me down.

"What do you want?" I forced out, choking as I did. He was cutting off my circulation, the bastard. He looked down at me with a sadistic smirk as he put more pressure on my neck.

"I want Reko to suffer, what else?"

"Why?" I cried out as my first real contraction hit. My best chance of surviving this was to stall this man as much as I could, so I would do my best to.

"I was there at the ceremony, I saw him murder my brother in cold blood. Reko is a monster!"

"Other innocent people also died, at the hands of your brother and those other traitors. You salty cuz Reko killed your brother, bruh fucccck your brother and fuck you too!" I said, I wasn't going to beg this coward for my life.

"You bitch! Bitch! Bitch! Bitch!" He screamed punching me in my face repeatedly.

"Looks like we all have some monster in us." I said before I blacked out.

**

When I regained consciousness the man was kneeling between my parted thighs, holding my child. My. Fucking. Child.

I felt so violated! This moment was intimate, meant for Reko and I. This was our beautiful moment and this bastard had ruined it, putting his soiled hands on my child. I. Was. Livid.

But I was in so much pain I couldn't move. It was too hard for me to keep my eyes open and I knew that if I didn't get Marco to my breast in time I could bleed to death. At that moment, as if sensing my will to fight, Marco Alessandro let out a cry so loud that it completely drained the drowsiness from me.

Stay Awake. Kill him. I chanted to myself repeatedly as I started to glance around me for a weapon.

He was touching my child and I was going to make this man suffer.

"I see that you're awake, that's good. You should at least meet your child before I kill you both." He said with a voice devoid of any emotion, he was the real monster.

The knife he had used to cut Marco's umbilical cord was beside my thigh and I flexed my fingers in anticipation of slitting his throat.

There was the crunch of glass as someone stepped on it in the hall way and his attention shifted, just the opportunity that I needed.

I grabbed the knife and stuck it into the side of his neck, twisting it as I did. He dropped Marco and fell backwards clutching at his neck. I luckily caught Marco and held him to me as Mia came into view. Bloodied and sluggish, holding a knife she limped to us. We briefly made eye contact before she lowered her head in shame, holding the knife out to me.

"I'm so sorry, Ebony."

I just motioned for her to come to me, unable to speak since my voice was gone. I took the knife from her giving her Marco in return as I forced myself to stand. I followed the man as he attempted to crawl away to the door. He wasn't going to make it out of this house alive, I would make sure of it.

We caught him at the doorway, Mia slammed the door on his hand while I slashed down his back, shoulder to waist. He screamed in pain but I wasn't done, far from it actually.

I grabbed his head forcefully lifting it with my remaining strength so I could press the knife firmly against his throat.

I slowly slit his throat, smiling as the sound of his screams faded into the gurgling of blood spilling from his throat. The Bastard. I dropped his body, falling backwards as I lost consciousness again. I had saved my child. Marco Alessandro was safe. Now I could finally rest.

Reko*

There was so much blood. I saw that the man was dead so I wasted no time as I stepped past his body but there was a trail of blood from the doorway leading into the back, someone had been dragged away.

"Ebony? Mia?" I said as I followed the blood trail. To my surprise, I could hear soft baby music playing, I glanced into the nursery to see my child bundled up in his bassinet. I quickly wiped the tears that fell as I saw his face for the first time. My child was alive and healthy but Ebony wasn't nowhere to be seen.

I continued on, following the trail of blood into the bathroom. Mia had her bag of tools all around her and was between Ebony's thighs crying uncontrollably as she stitched up a deathly pale Renee.

"Mia, what happened?"

"She killed him. I couldn't help her. It's all my fault. I have to save her." She sounded so broken that all I could do was not question her and start praying instead.