7

When I could finally get Dante by himself again I asked him about the mafia's initation ritual. By the way Dante's lips thinned out I knew I couldn't know.

"Well at least tell me something! How do I can take the oath of silence, Omerta?"

"The Mafia solicits specific people for membership—one cannot just choose to join up."

Ahh Damn. I was tired of the sudden ceasing of conversations when I came into the dining room or bar. It hurt that I wasn't trusted. I should've helped them catch the damn traitor.

"Why am I even here if I can't join?"

Dante didn't answer. I didn't expect him to. I knew he wanted to tell me, he just couldn't. He sat down on the loveseat.

"Ebony. Reko and only Reko holds the power to invite and you've already completed one step of the process."

"Say what?"

"First, the new recruit is led into the presence of other members and presented by a member; the association is explained including its basic rules. You've been presented and you know the basic rules."

"Yeassss!"

"You choose this? Willingly?"

"Hell yeah. Why did you say willingly? Everybody chose willingly when they joined right?"

"Since Reko has been boss yeah but before him no. Since then he's made sure that others have had that choice.

"So Reko's father was boss?"

"No another powerful family within the circuit had held power but the family became corrupted and lost that honor. We have rules and we take take of what's ours. This family neglected the others and Reko took control.

"What exactly did they do?" I couldn't help prying I wanted to know.

"Not only did the men abuse the rights of women here and outside the circuit, which is like taboo. They were inviting too many outsiders here and one was an undercover fbi agent. You can guess how that went down."

Hmm I could've, a complete bloodbath. Whats the ceremony like?"

"The ceremony involves significant ritual, oaths, blood, and an agreement is made to follow the rules of the Mafia as presented to the inductee."

"Oh shit I dont have to drink anyone's blood do I?"

Dante laughed. "No, Ebony."

I was about to start getting ready for my shift at the bar when Dante told me not to bother.

"You just get ready for Reko. He always puntual and hates when someone is late or wastes his time. I almost got shot in the foot for being late once."

I looked at him in disbelief only to see he had a serious expression on his face. He wasn't kidding.

Dante left to sneak some nookie from Emilee before dinner and I went to shower and get ready for Reko.

When I came out there was Reko sitting on the bed. It was 6:30pm.

"Hey." He said smiling, he held his hands out for me and I walked into them.

He smelled soo good.

I couldn't help myself, I pulled his face down and my lips were on his. Our kisses were explosive. He tried to push me away but I grabbed his hands and put them inside my robe on my ass. Of course he grabbed it. I smirked. I knew I had a great ass.

He tugged at my robe. "Take it off."

I did. Letting it drop at my feet before I wrapped my legs around him. "You really need to slow down Ebony." He lowered me back gently on my feet.