Intro : Part 2

Once we got all of my stuff out of the trunk of the cab, Mark paid the driver and helped bring my stuff inside.  When Mark was locking the door, I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket.  It was Signe.

"Mark, I'll be right back, I gotta take this," I said quickly before rushing into Mark's room and picking up the call.

"Hello?" I said, waiting for an answer.

"Hey," Signe started in a weak voice, "Do you have a second?"

"Yeah, of course, what is it?" I asked in a concerned tone.

"It's just, things have been different lately."

"I know, but we'll fix things up when I get back."

"That's the thing, you just ran off to LA instead of staying here with me," Signe said, raising her voice.

"It's only going to be a short visit."

"But you left. I don't know if I can take this much longer. You're never here anymore."

"What do you mean?" I asked, tears forming in my eyes.

"I'm sorry things had to go like this, but I can't date you anymore. I wish I could've waited 'till your back, but knowing you, you'll be there for a while."

"Ok, I gotta go," I said, barely holding back the tears.

"Of course you do. Bye," she said stiffly.

I ended the call and threw my phone across the room and hit the wall with a loud thud. Tears started pouring out of my eyes and I plopped down on the bed. I heard Mark running to the door and he swung it open. "What's wrong?" he asked, sitting beside me and putting an arm over my shoulders. I tried to speak, but nothing came out. The tears poured out of my eyes faster as I buried myself in Mark's chest. He wrapped his arms tightly around me and said in a soothing voice, "Shh shh, it's ok Sean, it'll all be ok, shh, just calm down."

After I calmed down a bit, I managed, "Signe... just, broke up with me," between chokes.

"Aww Sean, it'll be ok." I buried my face in his neck and took a few deep breaths. Mark always knew how to calm me down.