Chapter 3 - I knew it

The gym was massive. There was everything including a boxing ring. I swear it could have been heaven to a gym freak.

Dolph lead me toward a cupboard that had the word 'supplies' in black letters on it. He opened it and walked in. That shows how big the cupboard was because he is huge.

He came out with a pair of boxing gloves. He tried to hand them to me but I had already decided that I wasn't going to use them. I brushed them away and made my way over to the row of punching bags. Yes, I said row. There were about ten of them hanging up and more along the far wall.

I started to punch, kick and push one of the bags.

"Ace. You should really be using the gloves." I heard Dolph say but it sounded far away, so I ignored him. He seemed to sigh in frustration.

The twins seemed to have disappeared. Shows how much attention I was paying. Dolph had placed himself on a chair and was just watching me. His eyes on me felt good. Made me feel safe. Weird.

I stopped hitting the bag and turned to face him. He was still watching me. His expression was blank and unreadable.

"Do you know why I'm so angry?" I ask. He shook his head. "Neither do I." I started to pace back and forth in front of him. His eyes followed me. With another person I would have told them to stop looking at me but with him I didn't mind. Don't ask me why but I just didn't mind.

I stopped pacing and sat down on the floor facing him. "Why do you keep watching me?" Curiosity heavy in my voice.

His eyes popped open wide with shock at my question and he looked down. "Don't know what you mean." his voice sounds innocent but I don't fall for it.

"Why do you keep watching me?" I ask again. Even though I sound calm, I'm not. The anger is still there, bubbling below the surface. One wrong thing said or done, I'll basically explode. My fists where clenched together and my muscles where tense.

"I don't know if I should tell you right now. With you being about to explode and all." He got up off the chair and sat cross legged in front of me. He still towered over me. "But I'm guessing you'll just get even more angry if I don't tell you."

I nodded my head. "So true."

He opened his mouth to say something but nothing came out because the door burst open and in walked Caleb with Megz right behind him.

Normally I would have run up to her and hugged her but the whole angry thing kind of stopped me from doing that.

Dolph had jumped up to his feet when the door opened. He now made his way over to Caleb. He whispered something in Caleb's ear. Of course I didn't hear what he said but I could roughly guess.

Megz had walked past my brother whilst I was watching Dolph. She was in front of me now pulling me in for a hug.

"Oh my God Ace." She said pulling out of the one sided hug. "Are you okay?" She put her hands on either side of my face and looked into my eyes.

My mind seemed to have gone on a vacation. I could hear her and see her but I couldn't answer her or stop looking straight forward. Let me tell you something. Me? I'm weird because one minute I could be fine and the next I would be staring straight ahead and unable to react to anything. Oh and Megz seems to be the only person who is able to bring me back to life. Weird.

"Ace?" She tapped my nose and magically I was back.

"Hey Megz." I said sounding detached. "Calm me please. I don't want to be angry anymore."

"Ok-" She was pulled off her feet and into some guy’s arms. I have never seen him before. He was enormous like all the other guys around here and that was all I clocked.