Chapter 12

Author's Note at the end!!!

Enjoy... XD

"Ace you need to do your homework." We had just got in from school and Meg was already making me do work. "Your homework is worth half your yearly grade. Meaning-"

"I will only pass half the year." I cut her off as I turned to leave the kitchen…except I didn't get very far.

Dolph gripped my arm and put me in the chair at the table that had all my work stacked up and ready for me to tackle.

"You are not leaving this table until it's done." He then sat in the chair next to me. "I won't be leaving either. So get on either it." He took out a newspaper and started to read it.

"Wow...you really are old. You're reading a newspaper."

He didn't even look up as he said. "The quicker you do the work the quicker you can leave the table."

 I turned and looked at the work that needed doing. Megz was well on her way with hers. I just sat there and stared at it… and continued to stare at it for a while.

"I can't do it." I stated as I got up and went over to the fridge. I was really craving orange juice. I found the biggest glass in the cabinet and filled it with the best thing on the planet. "Mmmmmmm, that is so good."

"And the cravings begin." Dolph came up behind me and walked me back to the table. "Sit and do your work."

I pouted, so not like me, and picked up my pen and the first work sheet. That's when I clocked what he just said.

"Did you say cravings?" My eyebrows were so high I think they touched my hair line. "Dolph please don't say that." I could feel tears fill up my eyes and spill over to run down my cheeks.

I was crying, great. If he meant what he just said then my life was over. Why did he have to remind me? I had just stopped thinking about what could happen but now this. I cried even harder.

Dolph looked heartbroken as he pulled me into his arms and held me. I knew he was happy about this and I completely understood his side. He was older than me; he was about one hundred years old. So I knew he was happy.

And it’s not like we could prevent it really but still I was one unlucky girl.

“I’m so sorry Ace. I really, really am.” He kept on saying things along those lines. I heard Megz chair move then felt her arms go around me as well. I felt Dolph send me soothing feelings and thoughts along with his words through our mind link.

After about ten minutes of proper sobbing I started to calm down. I took a deep breath drawing in Dolph’s scent of the forest and home.

“Well I guess what’s done is done.”  I shrugged out of their hold and walked out the back door and headed for the forest surrounding the house.

It took me about half an hour to figure out that no one had followed me. I guess they thought I needed my space. I could feel Dolph now and then poking about in my head. I blocked him out. It was probably a bad idea but I didn’t care.

This was my chance. I had an opening. I was leaving.

I started to run. I couldn’t hear anyone following me, but I knew they were coming. I made sure my link to Dolph was closed nice and tight; I didn’t want him finding me until I was ready.

I knew deep down that this was a bad idea but I didn’t care.

I kept running until I came to the end of the forest. I made my way down the high way and into a small village, where I sat down in what appeared to be the only place to eat.