Accalia- Chapter 8

I haven’t spoken since I was told about the going into heat thing. I was seriously worried. I still had school to get through. I could not have a kid at sixteen. I was still a kid myself.

At this point in time I’m going back to wanting to escape this place. You know to live my life before I have it ruined by Dolph impregnating me. I mean I love Dolph, but when I mated with him it was so fast that I barely knew what was happening until after it happened. I also kind of suspect my ‘wolf’ took over a bit.

I had a plate of food in front of me but I wasn’t eating it. I could feel Dolph’s stair on me and like he was trying to will me to eat. I frowned and continued to push the food around my plate. Megz grabbed my hand that was on my lap and squeezed. She knew something was wrong but she wasn’t going to make me tell her.

“Ace, please eat something.” She has been trying to get me to eat the whole half an hour that we’ve been at the table.

The sound of people talking was annoying me. Normally I would have asked before I left the table but now I just stood up and walked out the room.

I heard a chair scrape across the floor and Uncle Colin saying. “Leave her Dolph.” I heard a low growl in response but didn’t pay much attention. I kept on walking.

When I got to the stair case I heard the back door slam shut, then the howl of a wolf.

I made my way up to my room and slammed the door shut.

AAA

My mind was clear. I pushed all thoughts away and pictured nothing.

It was in that moment that for once I didn’t have any anger in me, I didn’t have any worries. I was calm. It felt like there was no time and I could just stay like that forever.

Sitting in the middle of my bedroom floor with my legs crossed and my eyes closed, I was meditating, trying to reach that clam that people who meditate always talk about.

I should have tried meditation before. It let me feel free.

I continued to breath deep. In through my nose and out through my mouth.

I never wanted this feeling of calm to ever go away.

AAA

The pain was sharp. It started in my stomach just like last time but this time it didn’t go away. I sat up in bed and winced.

“Not a good idea Ace.” I said to myself.

Getting up out of bed was painful. It felt as though my insides were being squished together then being reshaped by a pair of claws.

I let out a soft whimper as I made my way over toward my bedroom door.

For some reason I had to get to our mate. I needed to be in his arms. I knew that he would protect me.

Once the door was open I made my way toward Dolph’s room but I didn’t get very far. The pain was all over my body burning so hot I could not think anymore.

I distinctly heard screaming and a loud thud as if someone had fallen over. My eye sight had fizzled out and I couldn’t see anything.

The next thing to sound was the sound of breaking bones and a blinding pain to go with it. Would the pain ever go away?

I could still hear voices around me. They were panicked. Some high pitched and other lower pitched. I heard a weird rumbling noise then the burning pain calmed down a bit.

“You’re going to be alright Ace. I promise. It’ll be over soon.” The sound of that voice sent my body into a frenzy of more bones snapping and skin ripping, as if something wanted to climb out and be free.