Accalia - Chapter 15

Dedicated to Maiijae!!! Thanks for all the cover ideas!!!!

Apparently Britt’s trial was one of the fastest trials to be seen through. We only had to wait three days before the verdict came.

She was going to be killed. Now, I am not saying I like her or anything but death seems to be a bit of a harsh punishment… Oh well there’s nothing I can do about it.

Jess had left the day after. It was weird because when she came to get all her things she was quiet but she had a smile on her face, as if she was trying to look on the bright side of what she had just done.

I kind of felt sorry for her but I think that was just the hormones making me all emotional.

Even though I was only technically eight days pregnant I was starting to show. Not much but enough that I noticed it. I personally thought it was cute but I would not admit that to anyone.

Dolph couldn’t keep his hands off my bump or the smile off his face. It was comforting when Dolph held me in his arms, it made me feel safe and protected. Yet I didn’t know fully why.

Like right now for instance, we are lying in bed. Dolph was asleep with both his arms around me. I couldn’t sleep at all. I have been lying in bed just thinking for about two hours. It was three o’clock in the morning and I was wide awake and needed the toilet really bad but I couldn’t get up due to me not wanting to wake Dolph up.

Eventually the need became so bad I just pushed away Dolph’s arms and sprinted toward the bathroom. I heard a knock on the door.

“Are you okay Ace?” He sounded worried and it made me smile. “Ace?”

“Yep I’m good… I just really had to pee.” His chuckle was low but somehow I heard relief in it. “I’ll be in bed shortly.”

Once I was done in the bathroom I decided I was hungry so I made my way toward the door.

“Where are you going?” Dolph had come up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

“I’m hungry.” I walked out of the bedroom door and down the stairs with Dolph still holding onto me.

*

A few hours later I watched the sun rise  from the back porch of the house. I had been sitting there with a blanket around me for a while. I didn’t get any sleep at all, my mind had decided to keep me up with so many questions. Why was I here? What really happened to my dad? And who was Dolph really?

I have no idea why all these questions decided to plague my mind now but the more they ran through my head the more I wanted them answered.

I let out a heavy sigh and got up from my seat. My butt was numb from the amount of time I had been sitting down. I made my way into the kitchen area where I found my mother and Debbie making breakfast.

The rich smell of bacon frying hit me like a bolder to the face. My stomach rolled instantly. I ran as fast as I could to the bathroom that was conveniently next to the kitchen. I made it just in time before all the contents in my stomach were no longer there.

I rinsed my mother and washed my face once I was done and held my breath as I made my way upstairs.

Now was a good a time as any to get some of the answers I was looking for. I walked into my room to see Dolph pulling on his t-shirt.

“Hey, are you okay? I heard you downstairs.” Dolph said as he came over to me.

I pushed him away from me and walked around him with a frown on my face.