Chapter 16!!!!

I felt something hard collide with Dolph’s body. He pulled me tighter into his body as he tried to hold his ground against whatever was attacking him.

When it disappeared Dolph put me down and gently pushed me in the direction of the house.

“Go! I can handle this.” He said this as he scanned everywhere so he wouldn’t be surprised again. “Ace! Get inside now!”

I shook my head as I reluctantly made my way toward the house, not taking my eyes off my surroundings. My wolf was anxious which put me on edge.

Take a deep breath… Can you smell that? My wolf normally sounded quite gentle when she wasn’t angry but now her voice was so low it could only be called a growl.

Taking a deep breath I registered every scent around me. The first scent I caught was Dolph’s, the dirt under my feet had a slight damp smell from the rain that had fallen the night before, the trees had a fresh scent but what really caught my attention was the scent of vinegar, and it was getting stronger by the millisecond.

“Ace! Run!” I heard Dolph shout just before I felt a body slam into me with the force of a speeding car.

The force surprised me so much that I wasn’t able to hold my ground. I slammed into a tree so hard that I heard a loud crack as if it was about to split in half. Pain shot up my back as I landed on my side in front of the tree.

I couldn’t hold back the cry of pain as a hand with talon like nails picked me up by my neck and lifted me up so I was looking into what I could only describe as one of the most beautiful faces I had ever seen, a close second to Dolph, of course.

He had black hair that was spiked into a Mohawk, you could tell that he had spent a long time on it to get it into the shape that it was. His nose was straight letting me know that he hadn’t  gotten into any fights that lead to his nose being broken. His lips were a little on the thin side but they still looked delicious and edible. His eyes were the most striking feature on his face. They were so light blue that they were almost white. They had an almost hypnotic feel to them.

“Move one more step Dolph and she dies.” His voice was just like his eyes icy and had an edge of danger. He still had me by my throat and didn’t look like he was ready to let me go any time soon.

“What are you doing here Gage? I thought you had business somewhere else?” Dolph’s voice was strained as he fought not to lose his control over his wolf. “If you hurt her again Gage I will not hesitate to kill you.”

I could feel everything Dolph was feeling and was awed by how he kept himself in check. If it was me I wouldn’t have been able to hold back the amount of rage I could literally feel rolling inside of him.

I couldn’t stop staring into this man’s gaze, and I didn’t want to. Not because I was attracted to him but because I wanted to see his every intention and what he was thinking. Even though that was impossible due to his blank expression, I still watched not wanting to be caught by surprise again.

“Dolph you know I don’t like to be threatened.” A small smirk appeared on his lips as he took a deep breath. “But considering her condition I’ll let it slide.”

Dolph let out an animalistic growl as he fought his wolf even harder. He was clearly not happy with this guy…Gaga?

Who was he? And why did he have me by my neck against a tree like I was some kind of threat.?

“What do you want Gage?” Dolph’s voice was deeper than usual which was weird because his voice was pretty deep to begin with.

“No need to be rude Dolph.” His voice had humour  in it like he was enjoying what he was doing to Dolph. “I just want to have a chat. I’m not here to hurt anybody, I’m looking for someone.”

I glared at him. If he was looking for someone why did he have me by the throat?

I could feel my anger staring to rise above the shock that was only now starting to leave my system. My right hand lifted by itself, grabbed his wrist and squeezed making my nails dig into his flawless skin.

He hissed in surprise at what I was doing but I didn’t pay attention I was waiting for his grip to loosen so I could get out.

My left hand started to pry his fingers slowly away from my neck. His eyes widened in shock. He clearly had never had someone get this far out of his grip. I stiffened all of a sudden when I felt his other hand land on my bump and his hand around my throat tightened again.

“One more move like that and the babies get it.” I could feel not only my rage but my wolfs as well rise when his hand didn’t move away from my baby.

My baby was in danger. Right then I let my wolf take over, I was not going to let this monster threaten me or my child.

“Gage! Don’t do it!” Dolph shouted from his position. “She’ll kill you without even thinking about it and I will not stop her nor will I hesitate to help her! How dare you threaten MY MATE and children?!”

“Okay calm down.” Gage said as he removed his hand away from my bump. “I didn’t want it to go this far, I swear. I am looking for her, my mate. Her scent lead me here.”

I was stunned. That’s why he was here?

“You could have just said instead of attacking my mate.” Dolph growled from where he was standing. “Let her go so we can talk like normal people.”

As he slowly let me go was too busy thinking about what he had said earlier to attack him.

Did I hear him right? Babies? As in plural?  

*

Okay so here’s the next chapter… I know it’s short but this was more of a filler chapter due to the amazing things that are about to go down… HeHeHe!

Let me know what you think… It has this amazing ability to make me write faster. ;D

XD