Chapter #1

"Blair just pick anything and let's go!"

Anxiousness fills me and comes out of my pores as my best friend hurries me from her spot near the door.

"I can't just pick Mer, you know that," I whine. "Just wait."

I have been like this for almost forty minutes, glancing at the outfits I arranged and lined in Mer's bed.

My options are a white blouse with my boyfriend ripped jeans or the sequin skirt with a black blouse. I brought my black leather jacket with me and a brown suede jacket for each outfit in case it got cold outside.

Might as well just bring my whole closet, right?

"You still have to do my make up." Mer's singsong voice reaches my ears and I let out an exasperated sigh.

"I know..." I reply to my best friend.

After a pause, she takes my clothes and looks me in the eye. "Okay, Blair if you don't change right now, we'll be late! Why don't you wear the white one and the skirt? They'd look good together."

I hesitate a bit before nodding. "Okay. I trust you."

I take the garments in my arms without thinking any further and go behind her wooden screen to change.

It is Friday night and today is the first party of the year, everyone has been talking about it ever since the rumor of it started to spread. In a small city like this, news travel fast and even faster because of the people, if you know what I mean.

Also, there's free alcohol involved. Every single teenager in the city would jump at the opportunity to go, whatever it is about.

I personally don't drink that much or anything, but I love a good party.

"I'm proud of myself for coming up with that, I hope you like it." She says before clapping to herself excitedly.

"I hope so too."

There's a slight pause before,

"You know what? I think I'll find love tonight."

I snort and laugh with her at the confidence in her statement.

"At a party? That is just ridiculous,"

"Yeah! Why not? You don't know where you'll meet the love of your life, you might too," she defends.

"That'd be impossible," I murmur to myself as she rambles on about the new guys that'd be at our school this year.

Merina and I have been friends for more than ten years. Her house is a second home to me and her parents scold me as if I was their fourth daughter. We have been through so much together I can't imagine my life without her in it anymore.

She was there when my parents divorced, she was there when I cried because my dad remarried, she was there when I told her I would have another two brothers. She was there through it all and I couldn't be more happy to have her in my life.

Once I'm fully dressed I come out from behind the screen and she gapes and smiles. "Oh my God, Blair. I can't believe it, you got to keep going with that diet."

I laugh and smile sheepishly at her; I'm not used to getting compliments. "Thanks, Mer. Let's start with your makeup first." I walk up to my makeup box and she sits in front of her vanity giddily smiling to herself.

All my life I have been called a ball, whale, cow, elephant, pregnant walrus (that one is kinda creative right?)... My classmates never failed with their creativity in the name-calling department.