Chapter #41

I feel like magic, and I think I radiate magic too. For two days in a row, a stupid smile has been on my face, making me the subject of conversation during lunch amongst my friends. I can't help it. I've admitted it to myself and there's no turning back. Also, Dr. Quinn has told me I'm doing good with my diet, maybe because I've been too busy being a foolish idiot to think about eating anything.

I've never felt better about myself and I think it shows. My stamina is at its top, my body has an actual figure now, my waist is thinner, my arms are too, my face looks more defined, my legs are getting toned each day and I'm thankful my butt hasn't completely disappeared. I still have to work out and reach my weight goal, but I feel good. 

I'm good.

"Blair why won't you tell us? It's obvious you kissed last night!" Camille cornered me on Wednesday while eating and I almost laughed.

"No," I told her. "we haven't kissed," I blushed but continued nonetheless. "Still, I think I might like him guys,"

Squeals, screams, hoots, clapping, and giggles were their responses. I felt so light when I said it. Like I just took a burden off my shoulders. My head has been flying over my head for almost 48 hours, all thanks to Mason's foolishness, but I distract my brain from going there, I want to enjoy being in love while it lasts.

I smooth down the dress one last time, wiping the sweat from my hands. I take the teardrop silver earrings my grandmother gave me for Christmas last year and carefully put them on. I touch up the eyeliner of the soft silver smokey eye I made on my eyes, and let out a nervous breath. My dad is looking at me with fatherly admiration from the doorframe and I smile at him.

"How do I look?"

"Beautiful, baby. You look like a princess,"

I giggle and take a wine-red lipstick and drag it over my lips. I add some clear chapstick to add a subtle shine and I'm ready.

"Take some bobby pins in your purse in case the hairdo falls off or something. Here's your coat," Molly advices.

"Thanks, mom," I jokingly respond to my sister and she rolls her eyes. I take the little box of bobby pins and put them inside my clutch before dropping it on Ben's bed along the coat to sit and put on my black strappy heels.

"You never told me you were with this boy," My dad murmurs and I blush before whipping my head savagely to look at her in bewilderment. He sounds kind of disappointed and mad. I shake my head softly and smile to appease my father. 

"It's not like that, dad. He's just a friend,"

"Mmhmm..." He grunts and crosses his arms. His jaw is set and I grin playfully at him. My dad is jealous of someone taking me out. What kind of parallel universe have I entered? The doorbell rings and I gasp and curse under my breath. I run to my dad's room and pass by Meredith laying on the bed, browsing Netflix. 

"Momo, please open up! It must be him!"

Today is the day. Jo's wedding. 

My fingers fidget through bottles and bottles of perfume until I found one I love. "Meredith, can I borrow some perfume?" 

"Of course, Blair! Anything you need!" 

I smile and spray the pink Versace fragrance on my chest, my neck and wrists. Meredith comes into the bathroom and smiles at me warmly. "He's here. Are you ready?"

I nod and wring my hands together. I make a stop on Ben and Ty's bedroom one last time to take my coat and look in the mirror. My dad is nowhere to be seen and I pray to God he's not doing the bad cop kind of thing parents do on first dates. That'd be embarrassing because as much as this looks like it, it is not.