Chapter #7

My eyes sweep Gina's from wall to wall behind the cheetah print sunglasses Merina made me use to conceal my identity. The blond wig does a poor job hiding my wavy, dark brown hair, which's strands poke out contrasting ridiculously with the shiny plastic wig I'm wearing as it is several tones lighter than my actual hair color. It is a tacky platinum blond, just for you to picture it better.

I removed the cap a few minutes ago as I started to sweat like a pig. It was hard convincing my dear best friend to let me leave school without the sweatshirt that fitted me like I was enveloped in plastic wrap.

Merina entered the place a couple of minutes before I did. She gave me a lift from school and dropped me two blocks before the diner to avoid any witnesses. Some would say drama queens, I'd say we're just being cautious.

I sip on my glass of water and my eyes rake once more over the place's features. Pastel yellow paint coats the walls, black and white tiles decor the floor making it look like a chessboard. Metallic tables are scattered all over the place and booths covered with faux red leather are occupied with several customers. A colorful jukebox sits in the corner of the place emitting a song that gives away its epoch.

Gina's has always been a popular hang-out spot among high school students, it's almost considered a landmark in town now.

I catch Merina's gaze and she looks like she's about to get up from her seat when the bell above the door dings loudly and a guy we both know very well comes inside.

Kyle Evans scans the place before coming up to the bar beside me, I tense up and turn to the other side.

"Two chocolate milkshakes please," His smooth voice reaches my ears making me tense even more. Should I bolt to the restroom until he leaves? I look around to see if he's with the whole gang, more specifically one with a pair of gorgeous brown eyes but he's here alone.

Omgg, what do I do? should I hide in the restroom?, I text Meri and my phone chimes right away.

Yeah, ill tell u when 2 come out

I tuck my cell in the back pocket of my jeans, adjust the hideous wig on my head and run to the restroom. Once inside I lean my back against the door and sigh in relief. I take the wig off and go to the faucet to splash some water on my hair and face.

God, if my mother knew what I was doing right now...

Should I take a sneak peek to see if Kyle is already gone? Meri hasn't texted but I feel stupid hiding in the restroom, more stupid than being out there looking like a complete idiot wearing hideous sunglasses indoors.

I march up to the door and stop dead in my tracks as I take in the sign plastered on the door. A standard blue male figure stands in the door and I look around perplexed to find those weird looking toilets embedded on the wall. But of course, this would happen to me.

How didn't I notice them before? Am I really that stupid?

Should I go out and risk someone coming in at the same time and seeing me? Or, should I stay in a couple of minutes more? Shit, now this is embarrassing and this is exactly why I don't like doing crazy stuff!

Suddenly, the door starts to rattle with movement from the other side. My time is out.

I rush to get inside a stall and close the door forcefully not without trapping my finger in the process. I yelp and finally throw the lock and exhale profusely, then turn to examine my hand. Fuck, that hurt.

"Hey man, are you okay?" I tense up and my throat constricts and I struggle to talk back. Should I respond? He thinks I'm a dude! of course he would think I'm a dude, I'm in the men's restroom, but I can't talk like a man!