Chapter #17

Last Monday, everything was great. It's funny how naive someone can be to think that things can go totally your way when you want them to. Let me take the blindfold off of your eyes now, because I've done it and I want to save you the hassle and martyrium I've gone through this last seven, horrible days.

This week, a big sack of reality smacked my face so hard it made me see that expectations and dreams cannot always be met how we want them to, or for however long we wish them to. Fate has a twisted way of showing you it still has power over you just when you're claiming victory at the top of your lungs.

Clearly, I screamed too early and seemed to forget who my opponent was because I know now that if I hadn't, something else would be my present situation. I could be with Sam right now, working on my house or hers, talking animatedly, having ice-cream or whatever.

But no.

Blair is stuck here between a bad imitation of The Thing from the Fantastic Four and an idiot with a bloody nose.

Me? Oh, well I caused both of those.

The point here is that, no matter how much I made this situation worse or better, I'm miserable and in the mood to go Incredible Hulk on anyone who dares cross my path right now.

But first, let me recount events from last Monday when I felt like the ultimate queen bitch after leaving Reid open-mouthed at the cafeteria. I felt at the top of the world, I was happy and giddy all day long. Even Sean noticed I was dancing with much more energy. Molly called me weird and my mom gave me a salad with barely any protein on it but not even that could dampen my mood. That was before I received a text on my phone from Satan reincarnated that night.

I was clad in a towel and another was twisted on my head when I came out of my bathroom, freshly showered and smelling like roses and cranberries. Finneas O'Conell sang in the background while I picked up my phone and saw a single message waiting on my iPhone's screen.

you'll regret this bear, you don't know what's ahead

At first, I thought nothing of it. What could he possibly do, right? I decided to answer sassily, feeling luck on my side.

Go to sleep reid, or just stop interrupting mine.

Tuesday greeted me with peace and happiness, which were to last maybe two hours after I woke up that day? I don't know, but what ended with that happiness was 'what was ahead', what he mentioned yesterday on that text. It started that dreadful Tuesday, but it wasn't against me. Maybe if it was, I would've been able to shake it off, but no. Reid the sadistic asshole wanted me to suffer making others suffer, triggering my kind side which is inclined to help others and worry maybe too much about them.

On every classroom, there was a poster with Rick's yearbook photo from sophomore year, in which he still had his teeth clad in brackets, glasses that made his eyes look the size of a pea, and a weird haircut. His name and phone number were written in big red bold letters. "This boy is desperately looking for a girl. Call if interested."

Everyone laughed at Rick the entire day, but despite his embarrassment, he valiantly shook off everyone's comments and even laughed at himself. Ha! Reid's plan was to break him but Rick was strong and mature enough to go against him, and I was so proud of that.

Tori cleared her throat. "Blair, I've been meaning to ask... do the posters have something to do with-"

"Of course it does. I hope Rick has big-enough balls because Reid's pranks can get... heavy," Danielle said.

We were sitting at our usual table under the tree and out of the cafeteria. I looked at Danielle curiously. "How can they get heavy? How would you know?"