Chapter #2

Many people go by as I am in a corner hidden, trying act busy and nonchalant to mask my anxiety.

I heard panicking helps burning calories. If that is true, yay me. I don't even think that's possible but who cares, I lost all my friends in a matter of minutes and I don't have a clue where they are at least it's kind of possible I'm burning a shit load of calories as I'm about to reach the stress level of Elizabeth James when she knew she'd meet Nick Parker after eleven years in The Parent Trap.

How they were able to film that with just one Lindsay Lohan is still a mystery to me but I love it. It is one of my favorite movies of all time.

Okay Blair, get your shit together, focus! If you were Merina, where would you be?

Saying this stupid phrase never works.

I get inside the house again, looking from side to side in case I spot any familiar face. My eyes start to wander quickly around the house to find the bathroom. Hopefully Camille, Danielle and Tori are still there.

It's highly unlikely since I've been standing on the same spot watching the party go on without me for about twenty minutes.

When I spot it near the entrance my feet take me there quickly. As I enter, my eyes are greeted with a very much drunk girl vomiting with Gabbie by her side.

"Hey Gabbie." I greet her with a small smile and I force my eyes not to wander to the shaking body hugging the toilet.

I think she was one of the girls who surrounded Meri and I to get into this damn party.

"Hey Blair." She smiles apologetically and her distress shines through.

"Is she okay?" I nod my head towards the girl that gags into the toilet.

Oh, yeah, she's just chilling by the toilet, Blair.

"I hope she will be. My parents will kill me if they see her like this." She grunts and looks down at her friend.

"Do you need help?" Well if my friends aren't here at least I could keep myself busy and give Gabbie company.

Since the house, which is huge, is packed with more than 200 people, trying to search for them will be like searching an earring stopper on the ground. If you're a girl you must know how difficult that is.

It isn't even difficult. It is impossible.

"No I'm fine, it's alright. I'll handle it myself. Thanks though."

"Alright. Um, by the way have you seen Tori, Camille or Danielle?"

"No I haven't, sorry." I had a feeling she wouldn't know, but the small sliver hope I had crushes anyway.

My shoulders slump and I try to look less lost and recompose myself. "Okay. Well if you need help call me. I'll go try to see if I can find them."

"Okay, thank you."

I go out of the bathroom relishing in the feeling of slightly fresher air and look around trying to spot any familiar hair, clothes anything but I give up after some seconds.

And I know what you're thinking: 'hey Blair why don't you use your phone to call them?'

Welcome to a tragic, sad and very, very short story: my phone was in the pocket of my jacket, which is in Merina's car.