Chapter #32

I close the door and recline against it with a broken sigh. It takes Mason two minutes before he finally decides to leave, I wait until I hear the engine to let out a choked sob. I cover my mouth to muffle the noise and lower my head, my hair making a curtain around my face.

I won't cry, I won't cry, I won't cry...

I breathe in and out deeply for a minute, trying to get out of my head the fact that he just... he's ashamed of me.

I wipe my tears and look at myself in the mirror hung up on the wall to my left. I practice my smile and check up for any redness in my eyes that could give me away. When I'm sure I've calmed down and that my mom or Momo won't notice, I stride through the corridor into the living room.

"Hey fat," Molly salutes me and I smile.

"Hey fatter," I force my voice into sounding as normal as possible and I gotta say I'm proud of myself, I deserve a goddamn Oscar.

"How were three hours with Sean?" Momo asks me as she kneels on the sofa, her back facing the TV.

"Tiring, he told me to leave after two hours," I tell her while I put on a kettle with chamomile tea.

"So where were you these last two hours?" She asks me confused and I curse myself in my mind.

"Don't tell mom, okay?" I warn her and she zips her mouth. "I ran into Mason-"

"Reid?!" She says excitedly.

"Yeah, and he invited me to dinner with his family," I say nonchalantly with a hint of bitterness in my tone. I really don't want to remember today after how this thing ended. I wish I hadn't surrendered to him when he asked, I knew it was going to end badly.

"He invited you to dinner at his place with his family?!"

"Yes, and stop repeating what I say, you sound like a damn parrot," I chuckle.

"And what'd you eat?" Momo asks me.

"Lasagna," I'm about to go into details, mentioning that the lasagna was vegan when the door to the laundry room opens.

"Lasagna?"

I turn my head towards an angered version of my mother that I've seen one too many times and feel my stomach tighten in anticipation. This won't end very well. I see how Momo freezes on her spot on the couch, not knowing what to do but certainly feeling the omens of a heavy argument coming on.

"Yes, but-" My mom throws away the basket with all the clean clothes to the floor, I cringe and in the blink of an eye, she's screaming and yelling in my face.

"I fucking spend my time, money... all so you can eat better and lose weight and you go out and eat lasagna? What's wrong with you Blair?!"

"But mom," I sob again, my tears coming back and the knot in my throat coming back in full force, this time tightening completely and leaving me mute against my mother's wrath.

"'But' nothing! God damn it, Blair, if you don't want to get better stop losing my time! I'm done with you, you're not helping me!"

"I went with Sean for two hours!"

"It's not enough! Whatever calories you burned you gained them with that shit you ate! Where'd you eat it?" My mom scrunches up my face in her hand, covering my chin and my cheeks roughly.

"Let me go!" I scream at her, pushing her hands away and turning around to run to my room, but she catches my arm in her hand and handles me cruelly to face her again.

"DO NOT TURN YOUR BACK ON ME!"

"MOM STOP!" I hear Momo yell at her.

"THEN STOP HANDLING ME LIKE THAT!" I scream bloody murder and that seems to anger my mother further. Her nostrils flare, her hands turn into fists and her eyes blaze furiously.