Chapter #31

"He's not my admirer," I say, looking back at Sean.

"I would say so given the way he stayed outside while you danced this last ten minutes," I roll my eyes and Sean laughs. "Well, if he's not your admirer the second best guess is that he's your boy-"

"OKAY! Okay cut yourself out, he's not. Bye-bye Sean see you tomorrow," With my cheeks burning and Sean laughing behind me I step out fo the studio and see Mason walking over to me with a smile.

"Hey, Bear,"

"Hey, Mason... what are you doing here? Did I forgot we had a tutoring session today?" I ask him confused and he chuckles.

"No, not at all, I was just passing by, getting my mom some... stuff from the store and I recognized the studio,"

"So you recognized it and stayed out until I finished my class?" I ask him, testing Sean's affirmations.

Mason's eyes widen a little and he coughs up. "Um... well yeah, I heard the music and I saw you dance and... the-the routine's great it looks very... professional. I didn't know you could dance like that," He says and I smile. So he did stay out to see me dancing.

Stop beating, goddamned heart.

"Well, what do you think?" I start walking home and he follows me as he answers me.

"I think it's really great, there's a lot of ball changes and jumps and spins... it isn't a very aggressive dance but it has an edge to it that kind of makes up for the soft part of it," He rambles until he clears his throat awkwardly at my shocked expression.

"You dance!" I exclaim.

"Danced," He corrects me with a sheepish smirk.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I screech and he's confidence comes back.

"Well, you never asked," He shrugs and I huff. I'm really surprised right now. I've always said that nothing ever beats a man who can dance for me in my sexy scale. That's just... wow. A man with some moves is just the best thing to see because usually, they're too apathetic to even slow-dance.

"What did you use to dance?"

"I used to dance hip-hop when I was about eight and stopped by fourteen but, you know you just never forget how to. And I learned ballroom dancing when I was fifteen for my cousin's wedding," As he said this, his cheeks tinted a little.

"And why are you embarrassed?" I laugh and he shakes his head.

"I'm not,"

"Yes, you are. There's nothing to be ashamed of, a man who can dance is-" I cut myself off. Jesus why can't I keep my mouth shut?!

Mason stops, and I do so while I cringe and close my eyes. I feel him take my face in his hand. "Bear, open your eyes," His voice is taunting and tinged with humor. I shake my head. "What were you going to say, huh? Men who can dance, what?"

I open my eyes and try to frown angrily but with him squishing my face, I know I must look anything but intimidating.

"Do men who can dance turn you on?" He whispers in my ear as he plasters his side to my side, his hand still on my face. I blush furiously and push him away.

"OH GOD SHUT UP, REID!" He lets out a burst of booming laughter at my mortified face and I start walking home again, quickly. My heart is pumping in my ears and my breathing has picked up immensely.

"Hey! Hey, Bear come back!" I hear him running after me but I don't stop until he stops in front of me with a self-sufficient smirk. "So, what were you going to say? Tell me or I'll stay with this theory of mine,"