Chapter #23

When I arrive home, my mom's brows shoot up in surprise and she asks me what I'm doing here. I make up a lie about how Reid told me on the last minute that he couldn't meet me at the library to avoid an earful on how I'm so stupid not to notice a note on my locker.

But then I receive one about being so stupid to be stood up, because how couldn't I ask him beforehand if he could make it. I'm an idiot with her either way so I just mute her out and eat as peacefully as I can despite feeling weird with how Molly's gaze has been watching me excitedly since I announced I'd go to Reid's house later.

I go to my room with Molly trailing behind, I attempt to close my door on her nose but she steps in faster and closes it herself before facing me with a crazed look on her face.

"So you're going to Reid's huh?" She says suggestively, wiggling her eyebrows and I sigh.

"Apparently," I walk to my closet and start going through my clothes to change out of my baggy pants and a ratty t-shirt. I need to look a bit more presentable with Reid's family. I'd be embarrassed to look like a hobo with a family as well-off as his.

"Aren't you excited?" Molly squeals and I roll my eyes, knowing a certain someone isn't there to tell me I'm sick.

I take a pair of black yoga pants, a white shirt with sleeves running up to my elbows and a black jacket that belongs to a tracksuit I used to wear on my early days to the gym and Sean's class. As I put it on, I notice how it almost swallows me and I beam.

I go out of my closet and sit on the bed to tie my sneakers. "Why would I be? I'm nervous to be around him for long, to be honest," I utter without thinking.

"Why?" She asks suggestively and I make a blank expression.

"Because he's an ass and I don't like being in his territory. The library's a common ground," I shrug. Yeah, that's just it, it's not that he simply makes me nervous with his sudden innuendos or anything.

I'll have to run from Reid's place and the thought alone makes me want to cry. Or I could drive... Nah, I'm safer walking thank you very much. I say goodbye to my mom and I'm about to turn the doorknob when she stops me and walks until she's standing before me with a bandana on her hair, an old blue shirt, and old grey pants.

She leans on the broom she's holding and has those warning eyes. "If they invite you to dinner deny politely, okay? I don't want you eating anything outside the diet, you hear me?"

I grind my teeth and nod. "Yes, mom I know. I'm not a baby," I roll my eyes at her and walk out leaving her on the spot.

I walk for about half an hour and when I've reached Reid's neighboorhood I gape while looking at the big, beautiful houses surrounding me. They all have vast front lawns with tall trees and flowers that have started to hide from the harsh weather that's coming soon.

Columns and high roofs with large windows and elegant decorations are all over the place and I have to admit I'm not very sure about my outfit-picking today. I should've worn jeans... or a dress. I should've dressed up and brought my yoga pants in a bag to change at Sean's studio.

I snap out of it with my ring tone and I answer without looking who it was. "Hello?"

"Where are you Bear? I'm waiting, we have to finish Mr. Darcy's review," He says in a mocking tone and I roll my eyes.

"I'm almost there you idiot. And it's not my fault I had to walk here, you know? Why couldn't you send me a text instead of waiting for me to open my locker and discover at the last hour that you canceled me?"

"I thought it'd be more old-school romantic," I can hear him smirking and I feel funny on the inside with what he said but quickly try to discard it from my mind. I bite hard on my cheek to do so and finally regain my brain's full control before answering.