Chapter #13

"Congratulations Blair! You lost five and a half pounds this week!" Sandra Quinn, my nutritionist smiles at me, showing her perfect white teeth. I smile politely at her as she continues with the usual procedure of taking my measurements. My neck, my arm, my waist, my hips and my thigh at the end. "Also four centimeters from your waist, two from the hips and another two from your thighs. You're going great! By the end of the year, you should be reaching your goal!"

"She would've lost more weight faster than that, but she's been slacking off a bit with the food," My mother chimes in as casually as she can but I'm not the only one who notices that she's rained on our parade and ruined the good and relaxed mood.

Sandy smiles nonetheless, she adjusts her thick, brown, oval-like glasses over the bridge on her nose and proceeds to tie her blond hair in a ponytail.

"Oh, it's alright Mrs. Saunders, it's better actually when patients lose weight at a slow but steady pace, because the faster they lose it, it means they're not eating and by the time they finish their 'diet', they start eating as they did before, which causes the body to store the sudden intake of food as fat, because it doesn't know when it'll be in a kill-me-diet again. They get even more weight than what they lost in the end," After Sandra's explanation my mother simply nods like she's reflecting over this new information.

"What you shouldn't be slacking off in is with the dancing, Blair. I see Shawn's got you on your feet all the time, that's working for you!"

"Yeah, I'm trying though, I've got a lot to do with school. We're preparing for college, choosing career..."

Blackmailing and back-stabbing ex-best friends, assholes being my partners from projects, my future in the hands of Sam and Rick to be saved from the said asshole, a bet about the asshole being no longer my partner...

Sandra laughs nodding. "I get it, sweetie, it's okay. Try your best to fit in at least four days a week of exercise and keep following this diet to a T and everything should be fine," The recently printed diet softly lands on my hand and my mom instantly takes it to see the menu and check what she'll have to get from the supermarket this week.

After paying Sandy and saying our goodbyes, we get out of her office and walk around the parking lot towards the car. As usual, my mom is all bark but no bite. Her threat about me not going anywhere today because of my appointment with Sandy was discarded much to her displeasure because I know she'd rather have me locked up than drive me anywhere.

The plan for today is to have Merina tell the girls all about Kyle and the blackmail over coffee and I'm itching to tell them I'm in trouble as well. Venting won't solve the issue but I really have to let all the venom out before it kills my nerves.

When we arrive at a picturesque café with comfortable outdoor couches and tables in the middle I smile when I see Camille already there with Danielle and Merina.

"Don't order anything sweet or any bread, Blair. You've just come out of Sandy's office and you heard what she said-"

"Okay, mom, I get it. I'll call you later," My monotonous voice seems to shut her up and I get out of the car before she starts rambling about my weight. Again.

And remind me that I have to watch what I eat. Again. Like my life hasn't been like that for the past fifteen years of my life.

"Hey, guys!" I salute them, shaking my dark thoughts, and they all smile at me.

"How did it go?"

"I lost five and a half," I state proudly and they all squeal. I love telling them about my process because I know they'll be supportive and be it five grams or five tons, they'll congratulate me nonetheless.