Chapter #34

heey girl! sorry I missed our meeting at ginas :(

are u guys mad at me?

what did i miss?

I look at Merina's messages thinking of something to say, but I can't help but see flashes of Liam's hurt face in my mind, of us meeting without her and the disappointment we felt. I want to confront her, I want to interrogate her, ask and see how far has her fake relationship with Kyle gone... if it's even fake anymore.

I look at her second message and cringe because they're all indeed pissed, especially Danielle. She had a group of friends before us and they all started splitting due to stuff they did, stuff just like what Merina's been pulling lately. She's been scared and alone, so she gives her back first before she faces abandonment.

As for me, I know this girl... we're more than friends, she's like a second sister to me and I don't want to give up on her so easily and so quickly. I refuse to, just as I refuse of her actions, that I know are influenced by hanging with the wrong crowd. With that in mind, I look up to check if Ms. Zimmerman is watching me, take out my phone and type a reply.

Hey

it's alright, dont worry

Can we meet today? 

I've got to keep working with Reid on our project but i'll be free afterwards.

I decide not to answer her last two questions, given I want to talk to her in person and I don't really want to cause more drama and tension between her and the other girls. I want to asses with my own eyes and ears what I heard from Liam and what it seems to be so apparent to Danielle, Tori, and Camille.

"Ms. Saunders, put that phone down,"

I spring in my seat and look up to see Mason grinning at me from over his shoulder. I grin and roll my eyes at him. "Shut up, Reid,"

"Ah, there we go with the eye-rolling and the 'Reid', thing... I thought we were past that,"

I giggle. "I forgot my eye-rolling medication today," I say playfully, and Mason hollers in laughter. I mimic him and then everyone is turning to look at us with curious expressions, everyone except for Danielle and Ms. Zimmerman. Danielle has a crazed, fangirl smile and Ms. Zimmerman looks boringly exasperated and done with life in general.

"Reid, Blair... glad you worked through your differences,"

"Indeed we did," Reid answers her and turns to wink at me cheekily, giving his words a pretty different connotation. I hit his arm while I look at Ms. Zimmerman with repentance and give her an apologetic smile.

Chuckles break through the classroom and I bury my face in my arms with a groan hearing a snake-like laugh that stucks out. You know, the ones where air breezes in-between ground teeth and a pressed tongue... It catches my attention and I instantly know who it is.

"I'm a witness..." Cole, the owner of the obnoxious laugh raises his hand in the air and I look at him, he's smirking at me, then looks at Mason. "Friday's phone call was pretty interesting, right bro?" He puts his hand down slowly.

What the fuck? Did Mason tell him?

I go down further in my seat to hide while Danielle is looking at me with clear surprise written in her face. She mouths "What the hell?" and I mouth back an "I'll tell you later,". Everyone lets out deep oh's and whispers erupt in the classroom. Fucking small towners, can't mind their own business.

I feel weird vibes going on around me, floating back and forth between Mason and Cole. Finally, a strained laugh vibrates in Mason's chest and I turn to look at him, but his back is facing me. "Yeah, it was, right Bear?" He looks at me with the same mischievous glint in his eye, the same weird connotation to his tone that has everyone laughing again.