Chapter #5

It is universally known by everyone who lives in a small city that there is no force in the world, literally none that could keep a secret... secret.

As I cross the school's gates and walk towards my locker I catch numerous whispers including 'Cole', 'cheaters', 'Regina', 'can't believe it'.

Oh, but I can believe it.

Honestly, it was just a matter of time, rumor had it they've been cheating on each other for months. True love is just impossible to be found nowadays.

Anyway, it relieves me to hear that no one is talking about Merina and I's incident with the police and Shay.

I put the combination on my locker before yanking it open and staring at the mini schedule I printed for my first day of school last week. I take the magnet I got from home and place my schedule in the locker on the back of the door.

"Hey, Blair,"

"Hey, Tori! What the hell happened to you on Saturday? Are you feeling better?" Fuck, I forgot to send her a text.

"Good, I'm okay now. It was some food poisoning but I'm alright,"

She smiles shyly with her glimmery brackets showing as her hand puts a strand of her light brown hair behind her ear.

"Oh my God, girls! I missed you guys so much!" Danielle wraps us around in a bear hug and traps my hair under her arm.

"Okay, okay... Danielle, you're pulling on my hair,"

"Oh, sorry," She lets us go as she adjusts her glasses and I feel like I can breathe again. "I was so excited to see you guys after the summer break, I can't believe we missed the party,"

"Sorry, guys-"

"Oh, don't start apologizing again Tori, or I will shove my shoe in your mouth," Danielle threatens and I smile at the way she gets red in the face contrasting her luminous blond hair.

"Yes, Tori don't beat yourself up for it, there's plenty of parties all the time," I try to assure her.

"I shouldn't have eaten that burrito," Tori blushes, making her look like a tomato. She's so pale that embarrassment displays so easily in her face. She's so cute I can't help but pinch her cheeks.

I turn to my locker and continue shoving books into my bag. I take my Math notebook and sigh heavily, having it in the first period sucks.

"What are you guys talking about?" Mer arrives holding her Vera Bradley backpack by the strap with Camille by her side hiding her curly hair in a bun.

"Tori apologized again," I say and Camille rolls her eyes playfully.

"We said it was fine Tori, get over it,"

The warning bell rings and we grunt in unison.

"I am not mentally prepared to start another week I just can't," Camille cries.

"Oh come on, at least you have one of each other in your classes, today I'll be sitting in math alone until Lit,"

"Sorry girl," Merina pats my head attempting to comfort me and I can't suppress my smile at the silly gesture.

"Well, I've got to go, it is kind of far from here,"

"Oh come on, nobody ever arrives on time, Blair, stay," Camille stops me on my tracks and I turn around.

"The second bell rings in like three minutes, what more could we talk about in three minutes?" I tilt my head to the side but a lot can happen in three minutes with these girls.