The Werewolf In The Closet..30

Chapter 30

     "He's still alive! We just need to get him to a hospital! Help me get him off the ground!"

     He's not dead! He just passed out because of a lot of blood he lost! I wanted to cry with joy now!

     We busted through the hospital doors, him in a gurney, and the doctors telling all of us we aren't allowed to go in there. I saw Loren reach for my hand, but the nurse kept backing me away. I looked after them, knowing that Loren was going to be okay.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     "Can I see him?" I said as soon as the nurse came in with a bright smile on her face. She nodded.

     "He's been asking for you, a lot. It's actually giving me a headache that he keeps asking."

     I giggled and followed her into the room and I gasped when I saw Loren's bright eyes. When his eyes landed on me, he tried to sit up but I ran over to him and collapsed onto the bed and hugged him. He cringed from his injury. "I'm sorry," I laughed and a tear escaped my eye. He brought his hand up to brush it away. He kept his hand there and it made me cry some more. "You scared me," I said to him.

     "I scared myself, too. I thought I was a goner. I didn't want to leave you, not after Vinny just died. Although, I knew my family where going to take care of you. I would have wanted them to."

     I didn't say anything. I just stared into his bright green eyes that I missed gazing into. He titled his head to the side. "What's wrong, Ady?"

     I shook my head. "Nothing is wrong. Everything is fine now that I know you're alive."

     I told him everything that happened between Carnell and I. He got paler and paler every time I spoke. I told him that Carnell said Adeline was his mate but she was kidnapped and raped and tortured and killed.

     Loren looked as shocked as I did. "Adeline was his mate? She was kidnapped and raped. That could have happened to you Ady, if I hadn't come to rescue you."

     "Well, you did so you can stop thinking about it and live our lives now," I joked. Once his eyes started glowing like they always did when he was happy, I lowered myself and planted a soft kiss on his lips.

     He smiled. "You know they won't let me out of this hospital bed until I'm healed, right?"

     I nodded. "But, they don't know that we're werewolves and we heal fast, so you'll be out in no time, right?"

     Loren smiled again. "Actually, the nurse who came and brought you to me knows that we're all werewolves. When my dad heard about what happened to me, he called her right away. She's an old friend of his."

     I glared at him, shocked. So she knows this whole time that Loren will heal quickly and get out of here, then? I'm impressed. "So, uh, Carnell is dead, huh?" Loren asked me.

     I laid down on the bed with him and curled up against his side. "Yeah, I guess he is."

     Loren rubbed his hand up and down my arm. "What did he say to you before he died?"

     "He told me he's sorry and he said my actual name and not Adeline. I think when you came, he knew that I wasn't Adeline."

     "How?"

     I shrugged. "He said if I had the same tattoo that Adeline had, then I'm her. I guess he didn't see it and he apologized for thinking she was me or something. I don't know!"

     Loren chuckled and his chest rumbled. "I'm just glad that he won't be bothering the family anymore."

     "I am, too, Loren. I am, too," I smiled, but then I remembered what Carnell was doing to me. I guess I should tell Loren now. I mean if he gets mad then he can't get revenge on Carnell because he's dead. I cleared my throat. "Uh, Loren?"

     "Yes, sweetheart?"

     I smiled when he called me sweetheart. "Um, there is something you should know. Carnell was doing things to me."

     He stiffened and I uncurled from his side and sat up, glaring at him. "He slapped me a few times, but that's normal."

     "Yeah, I know. When he slapped you, I felt it," he kind of smiled.

     "But, he also kissed me," I said fast.

     He looked shocked, but didn't say a word.

     "Say something, Loren. Are you mad?"

     Loren shrugged. "No. The bastard is dead now. There's nothing I can do about it. Besides, I mean it's not like you kissed him." He smiled at me.

     I smiled back and said, "Oh, Loren. I missed you."

     He sighed. "But, it's my fault that he took you away." He shifted under the white covers. "When you asked to come with me for a walk, I said no. I really wanted you to come, but I just wanted to think-"

     Before he could say anything else, I planted another kiss on his lips to stop him from saying anything else was his fault. He smiled under my lips and brought his hand up to caress my cheek. "Stop saying everything is your fault, Loren, okay?"

     "But-"

     "No buts. Got it?"

     His eyes started glowing brighter and he nodded, smiling.

~~~~~~~~~~~

     The nurse led me back to my friends but before she did, she whispered to me, "He'll be fine, dear. All werewolves are." Then she smiled at me and patted me on my back. Okay, it's a little creepy that she knows what we all are. Unless she's one, too. But anyway, when I went back to everyone, they all stood up, waiting for my reply, even Darren who was kind enough to stay.

     "He's fine, guys. He'll be out in no time." As I said that, a single tear escaped my eye.

~~~~~~~~~