[twenty-three] arcade game

[ i am so upset about taehyung's grandma. he doesn't deserve all this pain. just imagining how hard he struggled to bottle those feelings just to put a smile on our faces, makes me wanna cry. please tae i beg of you, even if one of your best qualities is staying strong, don't forget that that you're allowed to feel sad, to cry. cry it all out, until there are no tears left. and then, slowly but surely regain your happiness with the help of the members. please, do that for us. ]

+

taehyung was worried. ever since jungkook woke up last night, he sat down in the kitchen clutching to his notebook. he'd blankly stare at the baby blue walls, showing no emotion in his eyes.

"hey, jungkook." taehyung would weakly voice out. the raven haired male didn't budge, remaining silent.

"earth to jungkook?" taehyung waved his hands in front of the younger male, hoping for a reaction.

jungkook flinched slightly, as gets pulled out of his train of thoughts and snaps back to reality. "yes?" he chokes out, confused.

"um... do you wanna go out with me?" the brunette fiddled with his dainty fingers.

jungkook coughs, "what did you say?"

taehyung turned bright red, swaying his arms, "no, not in that sense! i meant as in going outside for a few minutes."

jungkook frowns, "i don't know, tae. i'm not in the mood."

"oh, come on. please?" taehyung intertwines his fingers, batting his eyelashes. jungkook simpered, looking down then back to taehyung. "alright. but only for a few minutes."

+

"ever been to an arcade before?" taehyung queries.

jungkook frantically shakes his head, mumbling "no". his eyes gleam from excitement, flashing a bunny smile. "m-may i?" jungkook points at a merchandiser, waiting for taehyung's permission.

taehyung laughs, "of course you can."

jungkook, who has never seen one before, runs up to the claw crane machine filled with colorful plushies. they contained typical classics, such as puppies and cats. bunnies too, apparently. taehyung stands beside the younger, instructing him how to catch one. taehyung puts in a quarter and a catchy melody starts playing. jungkook tightens his gloves one last time, and fiercely grabs the controller. he amateurishly picks one up, and the very next second it slides from the crane's hold. he cusses under his breath and tries again. not much to taehyung's surprise, he fails. he sighs, "this is hopeless."

"pff, you just suck at it." taehyung smirks, and decides for himself to play a round. "watch and learn," he mockingly said. taehyung gallantly picks a brown kitten up, carefully aiming for the exit. much to his chagrin, he also fails. jungkook crosses his arms and scoffs. "watch and learn, you said?" he cocks an eyebrow.

taehyung turns tomato red, feeling embarrassed. "oh shut up."

------------------------------------------------------
(a/n):
just some fluff before more angst