[thirty-nine] numb legs

KIM TAEHYUNG POV
--

"i-i'm stuck."

taehyung pressed his phone up to his ear, listening carefully. he heard the youngers muffled breathing on the other line, sounding like he was struggling. "i c-can't move."

"my lord," he mumbled under his breath, dashing out of the house leaving jimin behind. he switched hands holding the phone as he put on his outerwear. "tell me, where are you?"

"i am in the woods, but..." he paused, "i-i don't know where." he sniffled, "i'm so scared, tae."

taehyung gulped, "don't worry, kook, i'll find you. now, try to tell me what happened." he licked his chapped lips, "can you do that for me? don't hang up, i need you on the phone. okay?"

"o-okay." he hiccuped. "u-umm, i just kinda walked when i suddenly tripped and, and somehow my foot," he sharply inhales. "my foot got stuck."

taehyung opens the door and twists the keys to his car, stomping on the gas pedal. his worry grows when he sees the harsh winds hit on his windows, staining them with frozen snowflakes. "can you describe your surroundings?"

"well.. i'm near the lake," the static crackles in the background, "but i've never been to this part before." taehyung hums, trying to to figure out his location. on jungkook's end, he shifts his body as he tries to stay warm.

"...tae?" he whimpers, clutching to his phone.

"yes?" said male tried to remain calm, to not shake up the younger.

"please don't leave me."

taehyung exhales deeply, "i won't go anywhere." jungkook murmured "good", as he chattered teeth.

"are you cold?" the brunette asks, keeping a tight grip on the steering wheel as he enters on a road leading to the neighboring forest.

"yes, actually."

"don't worry, i'm coming. i'll find you, just wait," taehyung felt a throbbing pain in his chest, mad at himself telling him a promise that he easily could break. but that wouldn't stop him.

+

minutes went by, and taehyung found his way to the before-mentioned lake. but as he searched and yelled, the raven haired male was nowhere to be found. with jungkook on the other line, he'd constantly check with him to see if he was alright. "you still there kook?" the older panted, catching his breath.

"it hurts..." he softly whispered. "tae, i can't feel my legs."

"try to warm them up. i'll find you soon, so don't leave me hanging here okay? i need you to stay awake so i can find you." taehyung hid his panicking self behind his composed voice, trying to stay in touch with jungkook.

"taehyung, i don't think i have the energy..." jungkook was laying on his side in the snow, numbness already spreading in his body.

"my eyes won't open." jungkook mumbled, his voice hoarse from all the screaming and shouting. "no no no, i need them to stay open jungkook, i need you to stay awake."

"just for a while, m'kay?"

and the line went dead silent.

------------------------------------------------------
(a/n):
hm im getting a lil angsty here myself