A day with Cody.

I heard Carolyn start to cry and I hopped out of bed and ran towards her room, I didn’t want Anabella waking up again tonight she’s too tired without Andy here. I picked my niece up and rocked her back and forth in my arms. She looked at me sleepily through her deep blue eyes and I smiled “there, there who’s a good baby? You are Carolyn’s a good baby” I said in a soft voice I saw her eyes start to droop and I walked across the room to the rocking chair. Sitting in it I rocked slowly and listened to her breathe. I started to sing softly “Darling, I know your hearts seen better times, I know ours songs had better rhymes before today oh darling I guess I made the wrong mistakes I understand if you need your space. Please take your time.” I don’t know why I was singing that song let alone any song at all but it felt right. I sat there staring at her long after she was asleep. I was an aunt, my sister was getting married and I was in love with a rock star who would’ve thought this would be my future.

I looked down at Carolyn and sighed Ashley and I could never have this, it’d never work out I mean we’ve been fooling ourselves long enough we’ll never be anything. We could never be anything. Even if it’ll be legal for me to be with him in a year I don’t think it would ever work. Can you really see me and Ashley together, walking down the aisle and holding our babies? Could you see us in a comfy house in Australia? I can’t anymore and it scares me.

I sighed again and whipped out my phone, I took a picture of a sleeping Carolyn and sent it to Andy sleeping peacefully thanks to her auntie, she loves her daddy and then I sent it to Andy. It was five am and I couldn’t sleep so I went downstairs and into the basement which has recently been transformed into a dance studio for me. I turned on rebel love song and started to dance, I went over my routine for about an hour and then turned off the music and went upstairs. It was quiet without the boys here but there was always more food in the house.

I went to the fridge and pulled out some stuff for a milkshake well a milkshake that has strawberry frozen yogurt, bananas, milk, vanilla beans. Sitting at the table I turned on my laptop and saw a clip of the concert last night. There were girls from my old school hugging Ashley and Andy, it’s funny when they hear Andy call them by name, it’s even funnier when he pulls out a picture of me, Anabella, him and Carolyn and introduces us as his family. My inbox was now full because of my recent publicity there was also an inbox from Cody. I nervously clicked on the red box and opened it.

Hey Bliss I was wondering if you weren’t too busy with helping Belles with Carolyn if you’d maybe wanna go and see a movie or something. I was even thinking of just going to the beach again, I mean it’s February but I’m sure we could get a jet and fly somewhere warm for the day. Tell me what you want. ~Cody

Sighing I closed my computer and decided I’ll call him later. “Good morning” said Anabella in her arms was Carolyn “Did you put her back to sleep last night?” she asked me and I nodded “I didn’t think you deserved to be woken up again so I put her back to sleep, I’m used to it” I said shrugging “You know you don’t have to do that” she said as she opened the fridge and took out a bottle for Carolyn “It’s the least I could do, you haven’t sent me back to live with mom” I said and she laughed “Sorry to ask but could you could her?” Anabella asked and I nodded holding Carolyn in my arms. She put her bottle under some hot water “Any plans for today?” asked Anabella “Cody asked me to go to a movie or something with him” I said dully like it was nothing “Why don’t you do something?” she asked me and I felt a lump form in my throat. Why don’t I do something? Why don’t I wanna go out on a date with Cody Simpson the Cody Simpson every girl gushes over, the one guy that I used to obsess over and pray to go on a date with? Is it because of Ashley or is it because I honestly don’t think this is meant to be? I mean Cody is in a way my boyfriend. “Earth to Bliss” I came to and Anabella was waving her hand in front of my face “Oh sorry I was thinking” I said and she laughed “I could tell, now give me Carolyn, tell Cody you’ll go out with him and then get dressed. You’ve been distant since the boys left go have some fun and that’s an order” I nodded my head and picked up my phone. I walked into the living room and sat on the couch. I dialled Cody’s number and held my breath as the phone began to ring. “Aye Bliss” I heard him say, “Hi Cody” I could almost hear the smile in his voice as he began to talk again “Did you decide you wanted to see me today?” he asked and I swallowed loudly “Yeah I’d love to, what do you wanna do?” I asked “Hmm, what about just hanging out get a coffee and maybe walk around nothing too serious” he said and I agreed. Getting off the couch and skipping up the stairs to my room I stopped. What am I going to do? What am I going to wear? I haven’t been out of the house in weeks since Ashley left.