Chapter 2

Chapter 2

-Understanding-

I woke up to light shining in my eyes. I felt myself move up and down at a slow, steady pace. I tried opening my eyes but the overwhelming tiredness refused to let my eyelids open. It was just so quiet and comfortable

"Eleanor? Baby, are you awake?" I heard my favorite Doncaster accent ask softly, almost immediately snapping me from my trance.

"Mhm.." I hummed in reply, still unable to open my eyes properly.

"Then open your eyes, Love." he murmured softly and chuckled quietly. He waited a few seconds before speaking again, "I want to talk to you.."

"'Bout?" I asked, slowly opening my eyes. I looked around and realized that I was no longer in Louis' bunk, instead we were in a hotel room. Then I realized that the moving came from Louis' breathing, since I laid on his chest.

"You. Me. Us. Fame." He said with a shrug.

"What about that?" I asked softly.

"Are you fully awake yet?" he asked and brushed my hair back gently.

"I am." I whispered and lifted my head to look up at him.

"Oh, well then I'm a bit upset with you because I still haven't received my good morning kiss." He mumbled with a pout.

I flashed him a small grin before scooting up enough to press my lips lightly against his. He placed one of his hands on my cheek and slowly began moving his lips against mine. I followed his lead, I loved his kisses too much to refuse this. It wasn't until he flipped us so that he was now on top of me that I started attempting to slow him down.

"Will this be like that time in our hotel in France?" Louis' voice asked, his voice slightly deeper.

His lips left hot, feathery kisses down my jawline. His teeth would occasionally graze over my delicate skin.

"What do you mean?" I breathed out, moving my hands to cup his neck.

"Morning sex all three days.. Along with the few times after dark." He whispered with a grunt as he kissed along my neck. He'd stop at my collar bones and begin sucking at my skin only for a bit, though he'd release the skin before he ever left a mark.

"Louis- No." I spoke up, letting out a muffled laugh.

"Why?" He asked in a whiny tone as he bit down on my neck lightly. His head leaned back and he tugged at my skin before beginning to speak again. "I'll be gentle."

"That's what you said all three days- I thought you wanted to talk?" I whispered and pulled him up to face me.

"Oh that's right.. I got distracted." He chuckled and shook his head before sitting up. "Are you hungry?" He asked as he grabbed my hands and pulled me up into a sitting position in front of him.

"No, not right now." I whispered quietly as I intertwined our fingers together. "What did you want to talk about?"

"Last night precisely.." He murmured and looked up at me.

"Well what about it?"

"You cried.. I don't like that.. You cried yourself to sleep- and Eleanor Jane Calder if you try telling me you didn't I won't be very happy with you." He spoke sternly, yet also managed to say it in a more gentle tone. He moved his free hand to cup my cheek with a light frown. "Why?"

"Sometimes what they say gets to me.. Especially when they just scream it at my face.." I whispered quietly. "It's different than when it's behind a screen."

"You just have to ignore it, Darling... You know I love you and only you." He whispered

I shook my head as I began to tear up, the thought of what had happened last night already getting to me. "N-No, Louis. Please be understanding.. Please understand that I can't just ignore these things. I-I can't just read that I don't deserve you and say that it's a lie when I know god damn well it's true!" My voice grew louder and shakier as I spoke, a sob escaping my lips.

"Eleanor, I wouldn't be with you if I didn't love you.." Louis murmured and pulled me closer to him, sitting me on his lap and wrapping his arms around my waist. He held me tight and let me cry on his shoulder briefly before whispering, "I know it's hard, Babe. I know.. You just have to learn to focus on the bright side of things and ignore the bad parts."

"I-I try, believe me, I do.." I began stuttering through my tears. "But e-every time I try and feel better about myself someone a-always tries bringing me down-- a-and I know t-that there's people that s-support us but when they try telling me t-that they believe in u-us the other people always gang up on them because o-our relationship is fake! W-Why do w-we have to try so hard for other people to understand we're happy?" I asked out through my hysterical tears "W-Why do we have to show them our happiness o-only to be shot down? W-Why do we-"

"Baby, please.." Louis whispered shakily, cutting me off. I looked up at him and saw him wipe his eyes and sniffle. "I know that it's hard, and, believe me, it hurts me so much to see you like this.. W-We shouldn't have to prove our love to anyone." He said softly as he tightened his grip on me. "Our love is pure and our love is real. As long as you and I know that we'll be okay.. We'll be okay."