Chapter 30

Chapter 30

-Wing It.-

I held Louis' hand tightly as we approached the main doors. The screaming almost hurt my ears, and we were inside.

"Okay. Posey has the ear muffs on. You're double checked. Okay." Louis breathed out and let my hand go to sign a few papers.

I nodded and signed the papers after he had. I probably should've read that. But I knew it'd be pointless. I wouldn't pay attention nor would I understand. Not right now.

Once I had signed the papers, Louis grabbed my hand and intertwined out fingers again before following a security man to the door.

"If it's between me and Posey, protect Posey. Do you understand me?" I whispered just loud enough for him to hear.

He looked at me sadly before nodding.

I knew I was probably thinking about the worst. But sometimes things happened. Sometimes fans broke barriers.

Once the main doors slid open, the flashing almost blinded me. It was almost as if everything went by in slow motion. I couldn't make out what anyone was saying. I just tried hiding myself while staying right behind Louis. I'd narrow my eyes to try and see better, but that was hopeless. I only hoped Louis could see enough to get us to the car fast enough.

____________________

"What'll happen next year?" I asked softly, rocking in my chair.

Louis, who was besides me in his chair, hummed. He looked at me then stared back down at Posey. "What do you mean?"

"With your tour." I whispered and glanced at him.

"Well you guys are going to go with me." He said almost as if it were obvious.

"She's only going to be four months, Louis."

"Well, you guys aren't going to be with me the whole tour. Only for a bit."

"How are we going to manage a baby on the road?" I asked and glanced around the nursery. It had a nice, calm feel to it.

"A bassinet right besides the bed." He murmured with a chuckle. "Just like I said before."

I smiled softly and nodded. "How are we going to manage taking care of a baby in general?"

"We're going to wing it." He said with a soft grin.

I glanced over at the baby in his arms and smiled.

She was so small.. So fragile. It was hard to believe that I carried her for almost nine months.

It was also hard to believe what was to come. Everything would change now. We wouldn't only have to worry about ourselves, now we needed to care for our child. Our soft little bundle. And that scared me so much.

"Danielle is going to come tomorrow." I whispered and rubbed my eyes.

"You guys are staying in, right? I don't want you out and about yet."

"Yeah. She just wanted to come see the baby."

He nodded and slowly stood up. "C'mon. Lets go to bed." He whispered and held a hand out for me.

I took his hand and slowly pulled myself up.

I followed Louis into our room and watched him gently set Posey down in the bassinet. After she was tucked in, he walked over to me and placed his hands on my waist, pulling me in carefully.

I smiled and leaned up to place a soft kiss on his lips.

A smile spread across his lips as he pulled away. "Nap time?"

"Nap time." I repeated with a nod.

It took a few minutes to get settled into the bed. Even when we were settled down, it was still in an awkward position. I was most comfortable when I laid on my back, while Louis liked to lay sprawled out. So I had only a little space on the bed while Louis stretched out besides me.

Though it wasn't the perfect position, it was still better than the lousy hospital bed.

We had slept for about an hour at most, when Posey started crying.

That's when we knew that we'd be in for a treat.