Chapter 25

Chapter 25

-Stinging.-

"El, where's Louis?" Phoebe asked as she rubbed my tummy.

I took in a small breath and checked my phone.

13:28

October 5th

"He's in Florida. Miami, Florida." I responded with a small smile.

"When is he coming home?" She asked and tilted her head to see my stomach better.

"Phoebe, she doesn't know that." Fizzy said as she walked into the room. She sat next to Phoebe and looked up at me. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm feeling alright. She's been pretty still, so that's a good thing. She isn't upsetting my stomach." I replied.

She nodded and watched Phoebe move her hand around the prominent stomach.

"You can touch it, you know.." I whispered with a smile.

"I don't.. I don't want to upset her. Maybe too much touching makes her jumpy.." She mumbled and looked up at me.

I shook my head. "No.. Well, for me, it's actually relaxing."

"Really?" She asked and placed her hand over my belly.

"Yeah. Maybe I've gotten so used to it.. When your brother comes home, his hands never leave my stomach. It's as if they were glued on there." I said softly.

"Does Posey like it?" Phoebe asked.

"Oh, she loves it. She's always kicking when he does. And Louis, he's just... He really loves when she kicks.." I spoke with a laugh, earning a laugh from the girls.

I sighed happily, then it dawned on me. In twenty four days, Posey would finally be here. She would finally be in my arms and that thought scared me so badly. It also made me want to scream in happiness, don't get me wrong. It was just that in twenty four days, Posey wouldn't be inside of me anymore. She would be out here and I couldn't be able to protect her as well as I could right now.

"Is Jay for my mum?" Fizzy asked.

I nodded yes.

She smiled. "My mum went absolutely hysterical. She was just so happy to know that the middle name was dedicated to her..."

"Yeah.. Louis said she would. That's the first thing he said when I mentioned the name. He said your mum would-" I stopped abruptly when I felt a sharp pain just under my stomach. I let out a soft scream and shut my eyes tightly.

Both Phoebe and Fizzy yanked their hands off of the belly, almost as if they had been the reason for it.

"Phoebe, quickly. Go call mum!" Fizzy yelled and as soon as she spoke, Phoebe was out. "Eleanor, are you okay?"

I nodded. "I-I think so..." I whispered. The pain itself was gone, but it left that stinging feeling behind.

Jay ran into the room, eyes wide. "What's going on?"

"El just had this pain." Fizzy tried to explain.

"I just felt a really sharp pain. But it's gone now." I whispered, rubbing my stomach.

Jay sat down on the opposite couch. Her eyes never left me.

Lottie soon came in. "What's going on?" She asked and looked around.

I shook my head. "It's fine, Lottie. Nothing is wrong. I just need to relax a bit."

I took in a deep breath. It was probably Posey moving again. She wasn't due till the twenty-ninth. So I was in the clear.