Chapter 1

"Anna, wake your ass up," I faintly hear Daniella's voice as I slowly open my eyes.

Ah the life of being a married woman... Joking, we didn't get married, yet.

"Sup?" I ask with a hoarse voice from sleeping through almost the whole car trip.

"Don't sup me, get up, you look like a dead frog," she says raising one eyebrow at me. "How on earth can someone sleep on a seat like that?"

"Are we there yet?" I ask sitting up properly on the passenger seat. "Where's Soph and Jenjen? And this is years of experience from sleeping in most of my classes, including yours."

"No, we're just stopping to eat, they're already inside the cafe waiting for your lazy ass," she chuckles trying to push me off the car.

"Five more minutes," I groan.

"No," she says simply and I reluctantly stand up, my simpness taking over my laziness.

We've been travelling all morning and I must have fallen asleep at some point, Jen and Soph probably did too, Daniella is the driver so she definitely didn't get any sleep, poor her.

Actually... let her suffer for not letting me drive.

 I was so excited to spend the weekend at San Diego with Daniella that I barely had any sleep at night, mainly because Daniella and I barely have had any time together recently. Yes, I'm out of school now but the teacher's still had work to do.

And more importantly, it doesn't really matter if I'm not her student anymore, the reality is that if someone from the school sees us together, it won't take them very long to put two and two together and realise we didn't just, coincidently, start dating after I left school. Daniella is still risking getting fired.

So we've been maintaining a very low profile, she'd meet me mostly at my house or we'd take walks at the park at night with Slippers.

 It's been a month since I graduated now and Daniella is finally on vacation so we planned this little trip with Soph and Jen... I actually planned the trip only for Daniella and I but those two butted in for the free ride.

"Can't wait to get there already, not so much for the beach but definitely for the hotel's jacuzzi," I wiggle my eyebrows as we walk up to the cafe.

"We're just one hour away," she says holding the door for me. "And how can you think of the jacuzzi? Anna, it's summer, you'll go by yourself."

"So? It's romantic," I smirk.

She simply rolls her eyes but still takes my hand in hers as we approach Soph and Jen, Daniella definitely still held some kind of grudge against Jenny but she kept it mainly to herself.

As of Soph...

"Oh, there they are," She says grinning in our direction. "When I told you to wake up the princess with a kiss I really meant only with a kiss."

... They're getting along fine.

"Kiss? I didn't even get a kiss," I pout.

"The princess was still in frog form, not my kind of fairy tale," she says amusedly as Soph snorts loudly. Yeah, they really do get along just fine.

"If you don't kiss the frog you don't get the princess," I fold my arms. "But it's fine, if the princess charming won't, someone else definitely will."

At that she raises one of her eyebrows.

"It only works with the princess charming though," Jen butts in.

"Then I guess I'll be a frog forever," I sigh dramatically making Daniella roll her eyes.