An Acquired Taste

Novel by indecsion9
Genre: Short Story

Cover: The cover is very simple but cute, however the font you used looks a bit squished which ruins the effect you have on the cover. I recommend choosing a new font.

Summary: Your description is short, but to the point. It seems to be written very well except for the first sentence which is located below.

 It seems to be written very well except for the first sentence which is located below

This sentence is a run on sentence. You can either place a semicolon after grass or rephrase it to say, "Charlie notices a Native Canadian girl one day, sitting in the grass watching the soccer game after school."

Characters: When it comes to short stories it's a lot harder to portray your characters in such a way that the readers will actually enjoy them, but you have done it perfectly. I was instantly pulled in by this mysterious girl that comes into play in the first chapter.

I was also intrigued by Charlie himself, you just depict him in such a way that makes me like him. So your descriptions are amazing. Keep it up :)

Plot: Although I'm not quite sure where this story is heading I do enjoy the fresh twist of originality. By this I mean that, yes, I've seen stories much like this one, but yours stands out. You managed to give it this pizzazz that no else could. So YAY! :D

I really enjoyed the way you transitioned from character to character, but I did find it a bit repetitive. Every time you transition you happen to say the same things. Try to prevent this from happening very often as it ruins the flow of the story.

Grammar: In the first five chapters I read there wasn't that much grammar issues. Just small little things that can easily be overseen. For instance on Chapter 1 you write this:

The underlined section is a bit confusing to read, it's grammatically correct, but you need to rephrase it

The underlined section is a bit confusing to read, it's grammatically correct, but you need to rephrase it. Maybe write it like this:

";lips dark, accompanied with a scar on the left side of her cheek"

Take out the comma and the word "and"
and replace it with a semi-colon, it allows the sentence to flow better.

Also on chapter two you write this:

The bottom quote isn't capitalized. The smallest mistakes can have the most impact so keep an eye out for those...and that's it.

I couldn't find any more mistakes. Which is... suspicious... 😑

Extra Info You Might Want to Know (not really):

I've got nothing :/

JUST KIDDING! I totally ship them both! :) What's their ship name?

Ciara
Narlie

Wow those are terrible.... MOVING ON!

Note from me!

I really enjoyed reading your story. It was written very well and it only had few mistakes. I would gladly recommend it to anyone who basically likes to read :)

Comment what you thought of the review. If you need another one wait one week. Until next time!

-Esmer