Dare Me to Live

Novel by RedasNight
Genre: General Fiction

Cover: I really like it. The first time I saw it I was already intrigued with the story because, let's face it, we all judge a book by its cover. The title is easy to read and the picture isn't blurry so, awesome :)

Summary: There wasn't that much problems with your summary (located below)

Except for the first sentence. It ruins the flow of the story it's almost as if you merely slapped it there randomly. So you can either incorporate this sentence with the rest of the summary to make inflows better or add a visual line to separate it.

Other than that your good.

Characters: Let's take a moment to applaud you because damn! Your characters are amazing!

You describe them so well without having to list off their physical appearances; you actually bring these people to life.

DASH: Okay I love her! The way she sees everything from this sort of funny and sarcastic way is awesome. You depict her pain over Danny's death extremely well. I myself was tearing up because I felt her pain.

TYLER: In the first five chapters I didn't encounter Tyler that much, but when you put him into the story I didn't want him to leave! I like how he can be funny and serious with only the snap of my fingers.

Plot: I can instantly tell you had your stuff organized, you place certain events in the right places for greater affect. I didn't feel like you rushed your chapters or randomly threw something into the middle of the chapter so yay :D

So your descriptions are written very well. You depict the smallest things like beer sliding down Dash's fingers. By depicting small details the readers are able to paint a picture in their mind and your descriptions painted an entire movie in mine. It was that good.

Grammar: Your grammar wasn't such an issue but there was a few I managed not catch. For instance in Chapter one I found this:

Ugly and gray are both adjectives that describe the cinder block

Ugly and gray are both adjectives that describe the cinder block. Therefore you need to place a comma in between them because your technically listing the adjectives for the block

Also on Chapter Three I found this little sucker:

Can you see that? No. Well look closer!!

There's a comma after the word "all" which is incorrect! All complete sentences can end in a period, exclamation point, or a question mark, but NEVER a comma.

You did this a few time throughout chapters 1-5 so make sure when you go back to edit that you check for those tricky commas.

Extra Info you might want to know (not really):

Although I didn't include your prologue into your review I do have to say this, it was amazing!

These nightmares that Dash has are hella creepy, but sad at the same time.

Dash's roommate is terrible.

Note from me!

I really enjoyed reading this story, so don't be surprised if pop up on your notifications because I'm planning on continuing to read it. You didn't give me much to review since its written really well, but anyways in hope you liked it :)

Got more stories for me to review fill out that form! :)

-Esmer