Crimson

Novel by allycatdaone15
Genre: Mystery/Thriller

Cover: I don't like it. It seems like all you did was find a picture you liked and then you added the text to it. It's just so plain and boring. It didn't draw my attention when you first applied for the review, in fact looking at the cover made me dread reading your book.

I'm not trying to come out sounding like a bitch, I'm just telling you this because I know that basically everyone judges a book by its cover and therefore if you want more reads...you need a new cover.

Title: I don't know what to think of it. It didn't exactly draw my attention but it didn't exactly make me not want to read your story. So I guess my feeling towards it are pretty neutral.

Summary (Story Description):

Okay. Wow. This summary is just beautiful! There's no grammar or punctuation mistakes and it's just written extremely well! I just- holy crap it's amazing!

Characters: You women-lady-girl (I have no idea how old you are) have a freaking gift! Your characters are so alive! They are described in such a manner that they feel like they are real people! I'm just astonished at how beautiful you write.

So this Mistress Kaye was presented wonderfully. The way you describe her facial expressions and actions gives her character more volume. And even though she's completely evil I still love her!

You have so many maids and servants that are a huge part in the story yet you manage to show us each of their personalities without boring the reader when doing so. I was just amazed by how well you built these characters.

Plot: So your setting is set perfectly well. I can just visualize this huge building and all the small details in it. I also feel all this Victorian era time very well, but I'm not sure where this story is going. I don't understand the actual plot idea.

Since this is a mystery/thriller the fact that I don't know what's going on might be intentional so I can't exactly complain about this.

Grammar: It's moments like these that make me want to quit reviewing books and you know why? Because I can't find any dang grammar mistakes!! It's a good thing for you because that means you don't have to go back and edit a lot, but it's bad for me because it makes my job extremely hard!

So after I read the chapters I was supposed to read I had to go back and re-read the chapters, just so I could find some type of mistake to help you fix. It took a lot of time and a few minutes of me squinting at my tablet screen, but I finally found a mistake.

I'm actually proud of myself :)

Anyways on Chapter Two during Lyon's and Lynette's conversation you have the paragraph located in the screenshot below

The small word that's circled in red is written out incorrectly. The words a part and apart are completely different.

A part  simply means to be the part of the whole, while

Apart  means to be separated from the whole.

And in this case you want to use the first a part in order for your sentence to make sense :)

I also, by some freaking miracle, I managed to find a second mistake in Chapter Four. Look at the screenshot below.

The word "Don" has been circled because it's -in fact- not a word

The word "Don" has been circled because it's -in fact- not a word. This mistake was a simple typo that can easily be fixed by simply removing the letter 'n' :)

Other info and/or opinions:

· I love the quotes you place at the top of each chapter

· Your vocabulary is splendid! It adds to this Victorian era setting that your book has

Note from me!

Wow. I rarely have books that are so wonderfully put together, but your book managed to be one of those.

I really enjoyed reading and reviewing your story. I would gladly recommend it to anyone. I just strongly suggest that you get a new cover. If you want I know of someone who will be happy to make you a cover.

Simply comment if you would like to know who this is :)

Also feel free to comment what you thought of the review.

-Esmer