Chapter 2-Piper

Birdie laughed, "I know I should be dead, but let's face it, I don't like following the rules!"

"Burn!" the Stoll brothers said at the same time.

Dionysus went up to this strange little girl, who called herself Birdie, and bent down to examine her.

"Although now that you're here, we might as well welcome you.  Welcome to camp...yatta yatta yatta.  You be claimed by your godly parent soon enough and we'll do the whole bowing thing to show respect and you'll be shown to your cabin.  In the mean time, you'll be staying in the Hermes cabin.  You there!" he said, pointing to Piper, "Prissy McDonald or something, show this girl around.  Anniebell can help," he finished, gesturing at Annabeth.

Birdie skipped over to Piper and Annabeth followed. 

"So you're the big sister, right?" Birdie said to her.

"Erm, sure.  If you want me to be, I guess," Piper replied.

"Ha ha!  No, it's just that that's what Leo thinks of you!"

"HA!" exclaimed Annabeth, "That's exactly how you two are!"

Piper smiled, this girl was going to be fun around here.  But there was one thing that was bothering her...

"How did you know that?" she asked.

"I know just stuff," Birdie replied simply.

"Hm, maybe Athena?" Annabeth said, "anyway, why did Mr. D. say that you're supposed to be dead?"

"Oh, that.  He probably meant that I'm a really powerful demigod.  That's all!" 

"Um yeah, so you're kind of new, but you know you have a godly parent.  That's great," said Annabeth, "but how do you 'just know things'?"

"Can't everyone read minds?"

Again guys, really short chapter, I'll try harder next time.  By the way check out my cousin's stories.  falconwing1212  Check it out!