Chapter 6-Percy

Percy sat across from someone who shouldn't exist.  Annabeth sat next to him and Thalia stood behind the living dead.  Annabeth's face was tear stained.  She had told Percy, while Ludke was incapacitated, that she felt like she was seven again.  Seven and afraid, and this time without Luke and Thalia to save her.  He had replied by saying that she was right.  This time she had him. She replied by kissing him.

Now Luke was awake and tied to a chair.  He wasn't telling them anything.  He just kept on saying that he should be dead.  He kept on telling them to kill him.

After an hour of this Annabeth broke.  She sobbed and rushed out of the room.  Percy's stare grew harder.  

"HOW COULD YOU!?" he shouted at him.

"How could I what?!  Kill thousands of people?!  Host a blood thirsty enemy?!  Not care about the only people who care about me?!  Believe me Percy, I know.  And I hate myself for it.  I should have been sent to the fields of punishment!  I hated every moment of Elysium, knowing I didn't belong there!  So kill me already!"

"NO!"  Annabeth appeared in the doorway with Birdie next to her, "do it Birdie."

Birdie walked up to Luke and put her hand on his head.  Tears started pouring down her cheeks. Eventually she collapsed onto the floor, sobbing.

"See!  I only hurt people.  Send me back to the underworld.  I'll plead guilty!  I'll make them put me in the fields of punishment!  I'll-"

"No!" Birdie sobbed, "Stop beating yourself up!  You're misunderstood, even by yourself!"

"What do you mean?"

Birdie then did something unexpected.  She stood up, went behind Luke's chair, and untied his ropes.  Then she took his hands and pulled him up.  She wrapped her arms around him, giving him a big hug, and whispered something into his ear.  Tears started to appear in his eyes as well.

"How?" he said in barely a whisper.