Chapter 38-Will

Will stared at Birdie.  Her wings were behind her, and she looked refreshed, like she had just taken a stroll through the woods.  But she had been flying.  She couldn't fly before.  She was too heavy without the proper training.  She was surrounded by birds.  Why?

He looked at her tangled hair and ivory skin.  She had literally done the impossible.  She had grown wings, cold blooded hollow boned wings mind you, and learned to fly with them with almost no training.  

Woah.  She was incredible.

He watched as Luke ran up to her and gave her a big hug.  He didn't really trust him.  No offense, but because of him, his brother Michael had died in the war.  Yeah, he was a hero and everything, but still.  Deep down, he probably still had some Kronos left over.

Stop being a jerk, he told himself.

Luke was a traitor.  But he had died a hero, and Will didn't really want to disagree with Annabeth.

What did Birdie see in him?  Didn't she know what he did?  He was kind of worried for her.  What would Luke do to her if they got too close?

You're overreacting.

No I'm not.  He could really hurt her!

Um, no.  You just like her.

What?  No I don't.

Yeah.  You do.

No, I really don't.

Face it, you're facing heartsickness.  The one thing you can't cure.

I don't like Birdie!  That's ridiculous!

Sure.

No really-

You're right.

Wait, what?

You don't like her.  

Thank yo-

You love her.

Will shook his head.  His friend Lou Ellen had played a little prank on him with some Hecate magic.  Now he constantly had conversations in his head.  Yay!  It sucked.

He stared at Birdie and Luke, as they walked out of the training arena and to the beach.  Suddenly, he felt a twinge of jealousy.  Ok, maybe he was developing a little crush on her, but he wouldn't make a move.  She was Luke's.  There was no changing that.  

Well, maybe...

Shut up.

Never!

Lou Ellen and her stupid magic.

Hey, I know It's a short chapter, but there will be more later.  For now, Adieu.