Chapter 45-Birdie

Birdie got ready for the day.  It was the regular morning ritual.  Force herself into the acid spitting shower, get dressed, do nothing to her hair, write in her journal, and get out.

She sat there, writing, when Will poked his head into the door.  "Hey uh, Birdie?"

"Hmm?"

"Um, Chiron needs you.  Gotta go.  Bye!"

Well he certainly seemed to be in a rush this morning.  Wait a minute.  Chiron?  Would he talk about her and Luke...? 

She got up, stretched, and walked out the door.  She made her way to the big house looking calm and collected.  On the inside she was a nervous wreck.

Had she not been so distracted, she might have noticed that nearly all of the campers were staring at her as she walked by.  You see, she woke up pretty much the entire camp with her screaming the night before.  They thought that there was an emergency, so they ran towards the noise.  When they found out what it was, they got...ticked.  No one wants to wake up in the middle of the night to someone else's nightmares.  They have enough trouble with their own.

When Birdie got to the big house, she paused, about to go inside, but then she heard a call from beside her.

"You're distracted, child," said Chiron from the porch.  How had she not noticed?  "Come, sit."

She sat down.  Chiron, a couple of satyrs and Luke were all playing some sort of card game.  

"So," began Chiron carefully.  She could pick up on his nervousness, but she was too nervous herself to know what he was going to say next.  "I understand that you have some...difficult nightmares.  More so than most demi-gods that is."

Birdie scowled.  Where was he going with this?

"Some of the campers have been complaining about having to wake up to your, erm, noise."

She raised an eyebrow.

"So far, the only cure for these night terrors, has been comfort from Luke here," he said. gesturing to Luke.

Really.  Where on Olympus was he going with this?  Luke was staring at him too, just as confused.

"Some suggestions...Well, technically only one, though it's the only idea we've gotten..."

"What?" asked Luke.

"Well, it was suggested," Chiron started, "that you two share a cabin.  As much as I dislike this...idea, it seems to be our only option."

"Sleep..." said Luke in a daze.

"In the same cabin..." Birdie finished.

"Well, yes," said Chiron reluctantly.  He looked like he had swallowed a pineapple.

"Every night..." Luke said.

"Now let's get this straight.  You will not be sleeping in the same bed, or using this opportunity for any form of...intimacy.  You, Luke, will only be there to guide her through her nightmares, so that they don't bother the rest of the camp."

The couple looked completely blank.  Although that did change to annoyance when they heard a camera noise from the bushes nearby.

Chiron sighed.  "If you need any help rearranging Cabin 2, feel free to ask."  Then he went back to his card game.

Luke and Birdie sat there for another ten minutes before they finally got over the shock.  They got up, simultaneously, and walked to the Hera cabin. 

 Sleeping in the same cabin? Who was this centar, and what did he do with Chiron? There's no way that Chiron would put them into the same cabin, unless instructed to do so by a god. That would stink.

But this didn't stink! They were going to share a cabin! Now that she had gotten over the initial shock of sharing a cabin, she was insanely excited.

She grabbed Luke's hand and broke into a run, laughing all the way there. They got into the cabin and simply looked around.

"So...should we put another bed in, or..." he said blushing and rubbing the back of his head.

"Ye-yeah," Birdie answered. "Probably."

Just then, Piper opened the door behind them. She looked so angry that Birdie was worried she might be mad at her. But she wasn't. "Someone's here to see you," she said simply, with a scowl on her face. Then she left.

"Who would be here to see me?" she wondered aloud

"Hm, maybe old partners, friends, long lost family, past boyfriends?" Luke teased.

"Sure," she said swatting his arm, "Let's go with that."

They walked out of the cabin, hand in hand. This was turning out to be an eventful day.

Spoiler!

The two walked into the dining pavilion, to see a crowd of people gathered around one table.  Upon coming closer, they saw a man standing on that table, wearing jeans and a Letterman jacket.  Had they seen him from the other side, they would've realized that he was incredibly muscled.  As it was, from the back, they could see that he was enormous.

Sorry I haven't updated in a while.  I've been working on other stories.  Check 'em out!