Chapter 24-Luke

"Ship name," Luke said.  "Birdie and I aren't dating."

"Your point?" said Frank, and everyone laughed.  He looked rather pleased with himself.

Luke rolled his eyes.  Aphrodite's children were always like this.  Unfortunately, so was everyone they were friends with.

"Stop shipping.  It's not going to happen."  I wish it would though, he thought.

"It's totally going to happen," said Leo, "Birukie forever!"

Ugh, Luke thought, I wish people would stop shipping me.  He had been shipped way too many times.  Sometimes with random girls, and sometimes with Annabeth... usually Annabeth.  He was like the ultimate game.  Everyone wanted to get him right, but he didn't date, so they were always wrong.

Everyone groaned.  Apparently, they had gone over Birukie.

"It's gonna stick, you watch," Leo insisted.

"You should probably get some rest, Luke," Piper said, "We all should."

So everyone dispersed to their respective cabins.  Luke lied in bed, thinking about Birukie.  Ok, so it was probably going to stick.  Could he and Birdie ever be a couple?

No, he thought, I'd hurt her.  He immediately tried to chase the thought out of his mind.  It didn't work.  The thought of her wavy, dark, brown hair and sparkling, deep, blue eyes occupied his mind.  He finally just gave up.  What was the point?  

As Luke drifted off to sleep, he silently cursed Aphrodite for messing with his life so much.

I know, I know.  Short chapter.  I need to get moving, or we'll never get to my favorite part.  By the way, shout out to falconwing1212!  You were right; Birukie does stick.  Now I just have to incorporate a deadly banana or something.  Whatever.  Keep reading!  I bid thee, adieu.