Chapter 15-Birdie

Birdie looked around at all the other demigods.  The seven had these get together things, where they'd play video games and catch up.  Piper had insisted that she come.

Leo, Jason, and Percy were playing "Idiot Mode" and it was ridiculous.  Calypso, Piper, and Annabeth sat together, gossiping.  As for Birdie, she sat with Hazel and Frank and just talked about stuff.

Frank was quiet, and Hazel was sweet.  It pained her to talk to these people.  If they ended up liking her, then she'd be miserable because of her stupid mother.

She looked around the room.  She was sitting on a silk ottoman in the back of the room, occasionally feeding Seymour.  The room was covered in grape vines, and it felt stuffy.

"So, what were you doing before you came to camp?" asked Hazel.

Birdie didn't answer.  Here life was...complicated before-well it was always complicated.  Instead she directed the conversation back at them.

"Frank, what's Canada like?"  It was a stupid question. Had he been paying attention, he would have realized that she already read his mind, and knew everything and more about what he knew about Canada.  He launched into a full description anyway.

They were talking for about an hour when Birdie felt a pain against her shoulder blades.  She gasped.  The pain suddenly felt like white, hot pokers were inside her back, and pushing against her shoulders.

The boys put down their controllers, and the girls walked over with confused looks on their faces.  The pain was unbearable!  Birdie fell to the floor, thrashing and screaming.  The demigods' faces went from confused to concerned to panicked.

Birdie felt her eyes droop.  She was going to pass out from all of this pain!  She couldn't bear it any longer.  She drifted to the sight of Annabeth's face directly above her's, assuring her that she would be ok.

I know, short chapter.  Sorry.  I know what you're all thinking.  CLIFFHANGER!  YAY!  Good luck with that!  

Anyway, I'm looking for a last name for Birdie.  What do you think?  Comment bellow!